• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Burlington Arcade

Rupert

master brummie
I always thought that Burlington Passage was pretty much an arcade...not covered but full of stores and a gents hairdresser. I suspect it is still there.

Help. Can anyone pinpoint where Stitcher's last two images are please? Can't work it out. Viv.

Hello Vivienne, I looked on google images and there was a days shop on a corner which could be the arcade or passage and there was a Hudsons Book shop to the left.

The second one is London the Piccadilly entrance to the Buon Arcade in 1827-28, better known perhaps as the Burlington Arcade

Viv
The photo is the entrance to Burlington Passage on Temple St, as shown by arrow on map.

map c 1950 showing burlington passage.jpg

Thanks all. So if I've got this right, the part of the arcade that exited onto Temple Street must no longer exist. Although the other end is part if the Burlington Hotel. Is that right ? Viv.

Back