• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Burbury Street

Your 100% correct , it was originally called burbury st which us where i started in 55/56 when i was around 5 . I spent a few years there then moved to Anglesey st school till i was 11 . I then spent 4 years at was was the called harry lucas , why the name changed is beyond me . My older sister told me that when she went to burbury st school , the headmaster was Mr Margerison who ruled it with a rod if iron
We were told - boys should never even consider wearing jeans an under no circumstances should girls use shampoo

Please does anyone have photographs of Burbury Street in or around 1871. I am interested in the Davis family who lived at number 13. Thank you.

Please does anyone have photographs of Burbury Street in or around 1871. I am interested in the Davis family who lived at number 13. Thank you.
hi lynn and welcome....sorry to say you would have to very lucky to find a photo that old i certainly do not have one but never say never

lyn

Last edited:
Hi my dads family lived in Burbury st Lozells...Minnie and Bill Leighton...Three kids Betty,Margaret and Brian...dad thinks it was around 1942 ish and the Vickers family does anyone knw info please

I have merged two threads into this one so there may be earlier unseen posts.

A 21st birthday for Constance Johnson. Viv.
E5C9F5CC-6C67-4BB3-9489-1FDDEDCB1FCD.jpeg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

Back