• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bulls head hotel Birmingham

Woodski

Woodski
Does anyone have information on the bulls head hotel it was run by my grandparents in 1939 William and Ida Wood it is no longer in existence but I believe it was in the new street area.

Thanks for the picture not quite sure if it is the correct one need to match your picture to mine in parents photo albums.

Thanks for the picture not quite sure if it is the correct one need to match your picture to mine in parents photo albums.

hello woodski any extra help from you may help us so could you post your photo please

lyn

Woodski
Welcome to the forum. We would all be interested in any photos you have of your Bulls Head. The Kellys directories for 1939 and 1940 (the latter one probably covering 1939) both list the licensee of the Smallbrook St Bulls Head as Percy G.S Seward., though it is possible that your grandparents ran it, while Mr Seward held the licence. There seem to be no listings of a William or Ida Wood as licensees in Kellys of that period

This is the only photo I can find at the moment the fence on the left of photo is the entrance to the air aid shelter 1940.

Attachments

• 5EDB9E9B-651A-4791-BAB8-B837D3523E17.jpeg
    5EDB9E9B-651A-4791-BAB8-B837D3523E17.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Back