• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bullock

Allison

Hello, I just came across this site and am so thrilled. I have read through as much as I can and have not found anything related to my family but am hoping someone could help me. I have hit a roadblock with 3x great-grandfather and am trying to find his parents, his death, etc.

This is what I know:

Robert Bullock, born about 1821 in Birmingham, Warwickshire he married
Matilda Cook born about 1821 in Birmingham, Warwickshire around May 1845 - she died around 1898

Last I have them is 1861 on Lower Russell Street

I requested a search from Birmingham offices and they can't find a death for him in Birmingham from 1859-1869.
I'm trying to order a marriage certificate from Dudley (as was told the records for Halesowen are now kept there) but can't seem to find the correct place to order one.

Children are:
Joseph Edwin Bullock, January 3, 1844 Birmingham, died 1918 West Bromwich
Robert Bullock, 1851 and died June 1936 Warwickshire
John Bullock, February 1852 (not death info found)

Joseph married Ann Stiff and had Emily, Alice, Joseph Edwin, John William and Clara
Robert married Charlotte Elizabeth Marshall and had Florence Beatrice, Charlotte Matilda, Blanche, and Elsie May
John married Emily Bennett Wright and had John Leslie

ANy and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Allison
PS: We also have our other family the Hayward's in Birmingham as well.

The only Robert Bullock I can find is born B'ham 7th May 1821 and Christened at St Phillips on 22nd April 1824, His son John, you have his birth 1852 I found it as 16th Feb 1862 and Christened at St Martins 18th Jan 1863. Ther are lots of Bullock families listed on "familysearch" as are all the census lists all you need to do is register it's free, John.

There's a death for a John Bullock of about the right age registered Bham N, Mar qtr 1932.

Thank you both. I will search Familysearch but in the meantime, I did find a

Robert Bullock - died 1904 in Windsor. Not sure that's him as the info I found he died before 1871 but I can't find that anywhere to confirm.

I placed an order for his death certificate as well as Matilda's and their marriage records. Maybe that will give me more info to find them.

There doesn't appear to be a registration but there is a burial for a Robert Bullock in Birmingham on 26 May 1861.

There are no more details on familysearch but on Ancestry it appears he is of the right age, you would have to look to make sure.

It is possible that his death wasn't registered, which did happen.

That's the one I originally found and thought was him as the census for 1871 has Matilda as a widower. I requested a certificate from Birmingham and they said they did a 5-year look and didn't find anything then I asked again and they did a complete search from 1859 to 1869 and couldn't a death certificate for him.

Hopefully, the marriage certificate will give me his parent's names and maybe Matilda's death certificate will give me more.

I think the 1904 death is really not him but spent the money to find out for sure.

OMG, thank you so much. This whole area is new to me as I originally concentrated on the other side of the family from Arlingham.

This is great. I'm going to add this info and see what comes up

Back