• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bull ring bar 1970

stag77

Brummie babby
hi all

Does anyone remember the name of the pub/ bar in the 1970s that you accessed from upstairs inside the bull ring shopping centre. I remember we used to met there after the home villa game on saturday. If i remember correctly it was the only pub that was open at 5.30 pm.
cant think for the life of me what the name of the place was.

it was'nt the Jester or the mayfair or the toreador any ideas?

thanks pete i do remember that one i think a girl used to dance in the cage at night or had i had too many, but it was the wondering minstrel where we used
meet after the villa home game

The Wandering Minstrel was also accessible via the Smallbrook Ringway entrance to the Bull Ring Shopping Centre.

Attachments

• City Smallbrook Ringway Wandering Minstrel .JPG
    City Smallbrook Ringway Wandering Minstrel .JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 41
I think it was in Stephenson place and you could get to it from he bull ring at the far end if you went up the ramp and to the right as far as you could go right in the corner unless someone knows different

Back