• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Building Identity and Location?

dek carr

gone but not forgotten
Well it,s a church as I can see grave stones to the right but it dosen,t look like you,re normal type of church.I wonder if it,s from another country maybe Greece or Cyprus. Dek

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
could be right dec..it does not have the look of being in england but you never know...dont think the 2 cars will give us any clues either...

lyn

Lloyd

master brummie
The cars are a sports car (with canvas roof up) and a white limousine.
The grass mowing isn't exactly straight, is it? Don't think its in the UK.
Here's a brighter close up of the front - or at least the wall facing us. The architecture makes me think of the 'Moorish Revival' style.

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Whoever gets this one has certainly earned a free Mars Bar!!!:D

It seems to be in open countryside, so that more or less rules out the UK. I would guess either Ukraine or the U.S.A.

Maurice :cool:

paul stacey

master brummie
I feel that i've seen this building before is it the family chapel at "Holkom Hall" Norfolk, or possibly Wimpole Hall church.

Barr_Beacon

The Prodigal Brummie
There is a Birmingham connection to this photograph! It is a still from a television series called 'Gangsters'. The series was filmed in and around Birmingham in the long hot summer of 1976. I have identified most of the locations used, this is the one location I can't find. I have a feeling the building is located somewhere in Warwickshire. As a point of interest to anyone who can remember that long hot summer of that year, the preceding shots show smoke from a nearby field that is on fire!

dek carr

gone but not forgotten
So Barr Beacon we all appear to be going in the wrong direction and this one could be in Warwickshire more than likely connected to some grand estate.Dek

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
It would have helped if Barr Beacon had given us all the information about the photo in question, it may have prevented the little outburst from certain members.
If you are requesting help on any subject PLEASE give as much detail as possible.

Colin

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might i suggest, Colin, that your suggestion about giving as much detail as possible be incorporated somewhere in the general information about the forum. It is (obviously) reasonable to not include all details if the thread is some sort of competition, but unhelpful if the poster is seeking help
Mike

OtherHalf

posher half
if you are on a 38 going out of city look across to the villa ground just to left is Aston hall which to me is VERY like it ?

pollypops

master brummie
hanbury hall worcstershire?

I don't think it is Hanbury Hall - I have been there many times. But I can see why you might think it would be there, it seems a similar style.
Just a thought - it might not be a church - if it was a TV location the headstones could be fake???:)

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is ST. James in Great Packington, in the grounds of Packington Hall, Meriden, and very beautiful too.

Last edited: