• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bt fon hotspots...

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
some of you may find this useful if you are away and take your wireless lap top...on the holiday park i am on now they are charging £5 per hour to connect to wi fi....if you use bt fon hotspots you can have internet access for £3 per hour and you can pay this through you mobile phone..(AS LONG AS YOU HAVE £3 CREDIT ON IT) failing that they only charge £5 per day..this is payable through debit card....

lyn...:)

hi again..forgot to say that to get bt fon you just have to rely on the area you are in is classed as a hotspot eg..city centre or coast and when you turn your lap top on it will say that you can conenct to wireless networks...hope this helps...

lyn:)

some of you may find this useful if you are away and take your wireless lap top...on the holiday park i am on now they are charging £5 per hour to connect to wi fi....if you use bt fon hotspots you can have internet access for £3 per hour and you can pay this through you mobile phone..(AS LONG AS YOU HAVE £3 CREDIT ON IT) failing that they only charge £5 per day..this is payable through debit card....

lyn...:)

Are you with BT Lyn, if so it should be free:)

no froth..not with bt...are you....i didnt realise it was free if you were with them...hmm...may have to go back to them then...:)

no froth..not with bt...are you....i didnt realise it was free if you were with them...hmm...may have to go back to them then...:)

Yep just been reading about it.They say no charge. You just give up a small bit of your broadband so others in the area can use it.
All new BT customer automatically get it with their contract.

right rob...thats it.....:headhit::headhit::headhit: a drop aint passed me lips all week so there....

got to go now...our toms turn on the lap top.....ttfn...

lyn:)

Back