• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BSA Testers.

Hello again Ian,and anybobody following this thread, that sounds like a real labour of love, it must have been fastinating working on such a machine. Any chance of a picture of it, now THAT would be worth looking at. Keep up the good work,you remind me of a late friend of mine, he was always turning up parts for people on his lathe, he used to race a Manx Norton during Chris's era, cheers, Mal.

Hi to Welder; I remember Chris when he used to have a garage/workshop in Lea Village next to Braggs the bread shop often when I walked over from my shop to the cafe he would be working on something or another. He was an inspiration to many
riders held in high estime. Remember the old days listening to the TT's on the
radio after the second world war/Duke /Hailwood /Agostini aah!!!!! great days.

I worked at golden hillock rd for a while and went out with a BSA bike rider Chris Vincent he was sponsored by BSA and rode in th tt races at the Isle of man ..think thats right isle ? He lived after he got married in Pery Barr anyone else remember him and have any pics..I have heard that he has died.
Jean N

Oh I remember him very well used to spend my lunch break with him and also went to Beverley Yorshire in the lotus to get parts for bikes and we were seeing each other for a while had some good fun with chris we remained friends for a long time xx
Jean
How time flies when your having fun

Ian do me a favour and give Chris a big hallo from me been a lot of years since we last saw each other nice to know he,s still going strong my e mail is [email protected] thnx tell him I now live in California xx

Thank god seems the info was wrong and hes still going strong ..see how wrong peeps can get it xx

Hi welder and anyone following this thread, found a couple old pics of c-v and this one of fritz as was welder we were at Mallory that fateful day.
fond memories. Derek

Hi kneeler fans found a pic in my collection not long bought this,
camera and it has macro so i thought i,d take a photo of a photo.
also for mallyb2 the Manx.
regards dereklcg

Thanks for the pics, super stuff ! Don't forget the Manx was built here in Birmingham,at Bracebridge Street, Aston, and was ridden by just about every famous rider at some time in their career. Also remember the Mike Hailwood memorial run will be leaving the old Norton factory in Aston a week on Sunday ( 29 March ) at 11.15 a.m. Hopefully there will be the usual good turn out of riders, many on classic British ( i.e. BIRMINGHAM BUILT ) bikes, try and turn up, will be well worthwhile, then pop into the Barton Arms for a quick half ! cheers, Mal.

Try this for size mallyb2. vintagebikes.co.uk
if you,ve forgot what they sound like and those you,ve forgot about.
Derek

Last edited:
hey great pic what cam you got ..I,m a bit of a keen photographer more keen than good haha..one more question do you know anything about the cannon ball run my daughter goes on it or has for last 4 years?
Jean

another memory.. my dad had an old triumph motor bike with a side car ..loved those sunday outings and our kid had a bsa will have to find out which model
Jean

hello Jean,i have a couple of fujifilm the one i,ve just bought is a fujifillm finepix s1000fd i put the photo,s on the floor in the hall and took them i take the memory card out, then and put it in a card reader into usb port saves on battery that way,jobs a good UN.
i had a 1939 triumph with a box on for my first bike and then a Thunderbird the same never passed my test on one but all my mates had all the good stuff from 62 Bonneville,s to rocket and rocket goldstars.happy days,
why don,t you put you,re in the states. do you use skype?
oh both the cams i use are like a SLR but not as expensive as some.
try that vintagebikes.co.uk regards Derek

cannon ball run in the USA jean?
it,s on you tube Burt Reynolds claim to fame fantastic if it,s got wheels on i,m there with a camera. have a look on my album. Derek

no its the british cannonball run but they go abroad to do it last year was spain and morrocco all britts some of em from the midlands one is ben robinson from burton and lots of others i dont know names of if you go on face book look for donna jones lots of pics and info shes a bike nut but beware she,s a glamour model not that I disaprove but...... I,m her mom if you know what I mean god am I getting addicted to this site and very very homesick boo hoo
Jean xx

Hi me again really enjoyed looking at your album got a bit of a shock at your dad outside bywaters shop I workerd there after school and on saurdays haha no bot when your dad was outside !!. Skype npow theres another story cant seem to get to gripd with it . After seeing yor pics even more homesick xx

Back