• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brummies be proud of this?

Graham

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
On Belgian TV news there was a story today of a woman giving birth to a baby boy on a plane flight. Luckily there were two Belgian doctors on the same flight who assisted with the birth. One of the doctors was a gynaecologist and he said that he had just finished a great course training at the "world famous maternity hospital in BirminghamUK". It made me quite proud to hear him say something so positive about Birmingham.

Graham.

My wife went into the Sorrento in April 1955 to have our first child, she didnt say it was famous she used another F word she said it was filthey
with cockroaches everywhere, she couldnt wait to get home.
Bernard 67Arnold

My wife went into the Sorrento in April 1955 to have our first child, she didnt say it was famous she used another F word she said it was filthey
with cockroaches everywhere, she couldnt wait to get home.
Bernard 67Arnold

Fifty for years have passed by, I think we have gone forward in that time.

yes we are proud of where we come the brummies are the salt of the earth
why do people slate us off is behond me
they come from all over the world to brum and use oue universitys and go away very knowledgeable but yet they still slate us off
so come on you brummies stand up and be counted and be proud

Sorrento has been closed for years, they had obviously been training at the Maternity Hospital on the QE grounds. Len.

Sorrento has been closed for years, they had obviously been training at the Maternity Hospital on the QE grounds. Len.

Bernard, how daft talking about the state of things 50 years ago!

Yes Len most of the foreign GPs that I know have had training at the QE and all speak very highly of the place.

And Lyn you just keep that flag flying. I moved away from Brum some 42 years ago but I'm still proud of my roots.

My daughter went to the maternity unit at QE to have her first baby, and is going back for check ups for the second (due August).
I can't say I'm impressed, we're kept waiting 2 hours+ after appointment times, staff (who are used to pregnancy - mums to be aren't always) are brusque, and either too busy to deal with us or too busy chatting amongst themselves to help reduce the queues.
There is a nice cafeteria in the basement, though, and a WRVS snack bar upstairs.

Back