• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brummie Newbie Saying Hello

B

B Dempsey

Hello

Its really exciting to find a well designed friendly local forum, thank-you for such a neighbourly website, <waves over the garden fence to eveyone> :)

Waving back to you B... Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the site.
Got any stories of Brum to tell us?....we love Brum stories on here.

Also waving back welcome to the best forum going B

Mau-reece

Hello Jennyann :)

My Mum and Dad came to brum just after WW2 from Wexford in Ireland so i cant say i have any plans of my own yet for research.

Mossy Hello thank-you, BTW please call me Ben my new friends :O)

Hello GG Jean thank-you for your welcome im pleased to be here, im sure i will get to grip with the icons and the website generally with a bit of practice :O)

We lived in Nursury Road, Hockley in the early sixties, just across the road was St Francis School, where my brother and sisters used to go, i would sometimes run across and be given a bar of chocolate or a few sweets by the Nuns.

The local kids knocked a box go-kart together and we spent many afternoons on the weekends hurtling down the steep hill path over by the jewellers factory, the side street was cobbled,the cart would never have stayed in one peice on the cobbles, the girls would be wearing such lovely dresses while trying to get a place on the go-cart, their dresses must have gotton so dirty,i bet they got a good talking too when they got in.

Im off for my kip goodnight and i hope you all sleep well too.

hi ben and welcome...i guess we were sort of neighbours then..i lived in villa st from 58 to 72....i am not sure if you have full membership yet which means you will be able to view pics and post on the various threads...there are lots of pics of nursery road to look at taken in the 50s 60s and 70s.....very good chance there may be one of your old house...

look forward to chatting to you....

astoness:)

Barry im sure i will thank-you.

<Goes walkabout on the boards >:)

Goodevening Astoness,maggieuk,OtherHalf,KPNUTS.Mariew

I am getting my thoughts together to share with you

We lived in flat 2, 17 nursury rd, our landlord was the doctor who lived in flat 1 downstairs. Our garden was massive with trees at the end where my brother often helped me climb then walked away leaving me stuck and bawling :cry: till mum heard me and took me out of the tree. :D

Back