• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Brummie Ghosts

Hi Archie,

Lovely story!!!:D:D:D

I was only talking about a book that I have long wanted to write - 'Haunted Loos' - to someone the other day!!:D:D (Seriously!!)

I've heard a couple of stories about people sitting on the loo and seeing a ghost..... but never the other way round, I don't think?!:stare:

While conducting an investigation at Northycote Farm in Wolverhampton in the 90's, I had call to visit the loo in the early hours of the morning. While esconced in my cubicle - ahem! - the automatic hand-dryer seemingly decided to suddenly start up by itself!!!! The thing was so loud and sudden..... it was lucky I was sitting on the loo at the time, I can tell you!!!!

Regards,

Nick

Okay, Hospital ghost - part 3.

A few weeks after the last 'event' I needed the loo again (I haven't a bladder problem, and go more than every few weeks honest!)
I was walking out of the toilets, into the corridor, and I saw the back and trailing leg of a man entering one of the office doorways about 15 yds down the corridor. I thought it strange that he was wearing a black jacket and drainpipe trousers and a victorian style ankle boot.
I walked down to where he had entered, and noted that it was not a door that was generally used. This door was one of the entrances to the office of the hospitals nursing officer. something made me decide to go into the office, I walked into the next doorway. Wendy the nursing officer was sitting at her desk reading some report or other. She looked up at me, and I asked if everything was okay. Puzzled she said 'yes, why?
I told her what I had just seen. She was sitting with her side to the door in question, and she just nodded to it. The doorway was blocked by two large metal filing cabinets, and I could see that the door had even been screwed to the frame. There was no way on gods earth that anyone could ever walk through that doorway. I must admit I was shocked and pretty puzzled.
I went back to my office, and was standing at the window mulling it over in my mind, when Pete walked in, he looked at me and asked what was up, so I told him.
Pete stood there for a minute and then said 'come with me' We walked back down the corridor, and he asked if this was where I saw the man, I said yes. He told me to look at the wall behind us (the wall which overlooked the waste ground) I asked what I was supposed to be looking at? He pointed to the brickwork, and I could make out an archway, it was obviously a bricked up doorway.
Pete said that this was the entrance to the hospital chapel and mortuary that was knocked down in the 40's

My view is that the heightened emotions bought up by the planned closure was upsetting more than just the staff, the hospital spirits were getting restless as well.:shocked:

Archie

Hi nick
when the Acci was closed, it was converted to some kind of hotel (next to davenports brewery) I think that some of the buildings were demolished, but the admin building (the queens hospital) had to remain as it is listed. not sure if the corridors are still there though, I havent been back inside since the closure (now live in wales). It would certainly be a good place for an investigation for your group.
mainly because of all the spooky happenings there, I took a great interest in spirituality, and have recently been on investigations in my local area in mid wales - I was part of the team with NEWTOWN PARANORMAL. although have recently parted with them, and am in the process of setting up a group (with website) with another two members of the team.
I could send you transcripts of the reports I did for the team if you are interested.

Archie

NICHOLAS
Just popped in to see how things were going.
Read ARCHIEROD with interest as " people walking through doorways that are blocked up" is very similar to some of my goings on. One was at the UCE in brum, so can't discuss it as the place is still functional.
It does however bear out the fact, that very often ,only a PART of something is visible, some of the Aston Hall sightings also mention this fact.
Any road up, nice to know that you still have the interest, and have not disapeared down one of the many loo's that you seem to frequent.
REGARDS
TEZZA

I guess that the things I saw, were what is termed as 'residuals' imprints if you like, on the fabric of the building. As I said feelings were running pretty high at that time, and it is my opinion that all of the extra distress caused by the upcoming closure was setting off some sort of playback of events long past.
Although the hospital dealt with the sticky end of local accidents (plus the burns unit) it was a really happy place to work. maybe because the staff had to be positive at all times (at least outwardly). We got used to dealing with death and trauma (well as much as possible).
The closure affected me pretty badly, and although I was offered a job at the general, I took it as a sign to get out, and moved west to the green hills and open air - havent looked back since.

hi all
I never believed in ghosts until home on leave at my parents flat on the Hagley Road in 1964, I was fast asleep when I came awake and the room was unusually cold for Aug, I felt something walking up my body on top of the blankets like a cat we did't have one . Suddenly something struck me hard on the shoulder I jumped up and tore out of the room putting on the light there was absolutly nothing there? My sisters and mom and dad had risen by now with the noise and were standing in the lounge I told my dad and he laughed and said I was dreaming he shouted out "Who's there " in a loud voice and the most horrific loud "MEAOW" any way I slept on the couch for the rest of my leave. When dad died in 1998 I went back to Brum, and took photo's of all our old homes when I got back and had the photo's developed, you guessed it sitting in the room window like a pattern or cloud in the window glass was a distinct outline of a cat!!! Gospel truth I still have it.
regards
paul

i think we may have a ghost in our flat,things started like the kids bedroom light been switched on at 3am while they are fast asleep.also bathroom light been switched on,also movement like someone walking up and down the hallway and the kitchen door which is stiff to close been pushed shut,and a few shadows zooming past the corner of our eyes...but all happens between 2am and 430am for some reason?

Just as a matter of interest:

Alleged 'Battery Drain' at supposedly haunted sites is something that I've heard about so many times over the years - from a plethora of different sources - but have never experienced myself. In fact, I'd long put it down as one of those things that frequently get mentioned in allegedly paranormal situations, but never actually happen......

Anyway - we were conducting an investigation into an old factory building on Friday night (just gone) and the owner pointed out a specific room to us as a spot where electrical equipment 'plays up' on a regular basis..... lights explode, camera batteries drain and so on. (This has allegedly happened to a number of different people over a considerable amount of time). I will be honest in saying that I just thought - 'Oh, here we go again..... same old rubbish!?!?!?' (Or, alternative words to that effect!!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
)

A few minutes later - just to dismiss the above mentioned theory / claim - two video cams were fetched and one was set up in the room concerned.... while a second was taken to another room in the same block. While setting up the first camera, those with the 2nd came back into the room and the factory owner said to my mate: 'Go on - tell them what's happened........!!'

Well, you can guess, his battery had died..... despite the fact that he'd fully charged it before coming out that night. (I'd stressed to the group that all batteries had to be fully charged for the event, as there was no electricity laid on in the building any more... it having been isolated a short while ago). Of course, it can be strongly argued that batteries do have a tendency to say that they're fully charged when they're not..... especially so when you haven't totally exhausted a battery of it's power before going to charge it. Mobile phones are notorious for this sort of thing, etc.

The camera being set up in the 'main' room for battery drain - a place called the Hardball Room - seemed quite fine and dandy as it was set up... indicating that the battery was full and ready to rock......

The session was started and we all went to other parts of the building - in two teams - to carry out vigils, etc.

Coming back to retireve the camera about an hour later, my mate Steve looked at it and discovered that - around 42 minutes into the recording - the camera had, for whatever reason, been 'switched off'??? It hadn't run to the end of the tape and naturally shut off, but had just stopped recording at the point in question. This was the first time this had ever happened with this camera, I hasten to add.

Still puzzled by all of the above, I happened to write to another researcher who had carried out an investigation at the factory the week before us and mentioned this to him in passing. He totally baffled me by saying that his group had also had a cam seemingly 'switched off' in the same room during their investigation!!! He hadn't told me this previously, but had kept the info to himself until after our investigation to see whether we had possibly had the same effect ourselves!?!? (And I must stress that I do trust his word on that front, as this is something I've done myself in the past in different situations).

As mentioned, I'd always regarded battery drain as so much myth, to be honest...... but now I'm puzzled, to say the least!!

Pics from the visit can be seen here:

https://westmidlandsghostclub.myphotoalb ... me=album85

Regards,

Nick

Howdy Y'all,

I'm currently working on an article concerning the Great Barr area and was wondering whether any forum users might have some ghost stories associated with this area and surrounding environs at all??

All the best,

Nick

Hi Nick,

wasn't there a mention some time back on this thread of a story concerning a phantom horse and rider seen somewhere around the Queslett area (if that can be called Great Barr)?

While I'm on, have you ever heard of any ghostly tales concerning the older parts of Birmingham University?

Big Gee

Hi Nick,

wasn't there a mention some time back on this thread of a story concerning a phantom horse and rider seen somewhere around the Queslett area (if that can be called Great Barr)?

While I'm on, have you ever heard of any ghostly tales concerning the older parts of Birmingham University?

Big Gee

There is indeed Big Gee. I've already made a note of that one matey!!:);)

The only thing I can tell you about Brum. Uni. is the tale of the ghostly stretcher bearers that are allegedly seen in the Great Hall. Unfortunately, there are no actual, first-hand witness accounts concerning these figures, but it's something of a legend at the site, it seems.

We did investigate the Great Hall in early May 2008.

Regards,

Nick

It may have been already mentioned?
but there is a book titled ....
Haunted Birmingham authors... Arthur Smith & Rachel Bannister
by Tempus Publishers

While not occuring in Brum. itself, I've just written up a couple of stories sent into the W.M.G.C. a few years ago regarding incidents that occurred, relatively locally, around the festive period.... They don't have a particularly Christmassy feel to them, unfortunately, but the time of year is spot on!!

Come on - everyone loves a ghost story at Christmas!!:D:D:D

The first account was sent in to the group in December 1997, following a newspaper appeal for local ghost stories. Our contact asked for strict anonymity at the time of writing to us, so names and precise locations have been omitted from the story for that purpose. Still, it makes an interesting tale, methinks??

The experience in question is said to have occurred in a lane, in a rural area, situated just outside Wolverhampton near the Staffordshire / Shropshire border.

Our correspondent was returning home (to Shropshire) following a visit to her parents house (in Wolvo.) on Christmas Eve, 1992. At the time of the experience, she was driving along a quiet country road at around 9 p.m., travelling directly behind a Volvo estate car.

As they passed a section of woodland on their right hand side and a high wall on their left, our witness saw a young boy suddenly dash out of nowhere into the path of the car in front of her… which clearly didn’t have time to avoid him! She describes the lad as wearing clothing that was reminiscent of the Victorian period; dull or dark trousers and jacket, which looked like something you might see at the Black Country Museum. Despite such detail, she assures us that she was convinced that she had just witnessed a real road accident, with a real, flesh-and-blood boy…..

After both vehicles had screeched to a halt, she got out of her car and ran to the Volvo, the occupants of which – a Scottish couple – had also exited their vehicle. We are told that the female passenger was crying and hysterical, while the man was staring incredulously at the front of the car. A search of the immediate area was conducted, but – you’ve guessed it – there was no sign of the young boy anywhere…..

The Volvo driver readily admitted that he had certainly struck the lad – he had appeared so suddenly, there was no chance of avoiding him - but there was no resulting bump, or sound of impact and, when the vehicle was checked over, no physical signs to indicate a collision of any sort. A search of the vicinity was conducted for some further 30 minutes, but nothing to account for the experience could be discovered.

Puzzled, the drivers got back into their respective cars and our witness went back to her parents house, while the Scottish couple swore that they would visit the nearest police station and report the incident. The man had said that he would be in touch if anything came of the matter, but nothing was ever heard from either him, or the police……

A passing comment made in a local pub some while later resulted in the news that this certainly wasn’t the first time that such an experience had occurred on that particular stretch of road…….

The second story occurred on Boxing Day 1992 and involved a young woman driving past an old, Midlands airfield on her way to work one morning at 7.30 am.

As it was a cold morning, the woman concerned had switched her heater on in the car as soon as she had entered the vehicle some 10 minutes earlier. However, as she made a turning off a major, A road near to the airfield in question, she reports that the vehicle suddenly went icy-cold. Inexplicably, condensation immediately formed on the inside of the windows and she instantly became aware that there was now someone sitting, directly behind her, in the back seat of the car.

Too afraid to actually turn around, she looked in the rear view mirror and was horrified to see what she took to be the face of a man - who had evidently been badly burned - seated behind her! For whatever reason, a sense of evil seemed to assail the witness – a feeling that stayed for a few seconds, before evaporating…. along with the condensation and accompanying, icy chill. Within a brief time, the experience had passed and the man had vanished.

Due to this experience, the woman refused to use this particular road for a long time afterwards and sought an alternative, albeit longer route to work. Some two years later, however, she happened to find herself on the same stretch of road again, and – at the exact spot where the figure had previously appeared – she clearly smelled something akin to the rank, stench of ‘burning flesh’……

This smell later occurred on a further visit to the site, but there were no further experiences at the spot – despite many visits through the area - after the second of her olfactory encounter.

After the W.M.G.C. corresponded with the woman concerned – seeking further information on her encounter – she wrote back to tell us that the man had appeared to be around 40 years of age and had seemingly been staring out of the car window towards a nearby farm. She had seriously thought about contacting the occupants of the site in question, but had hesitated for the simple reason that she had no idea of how to broach such as subject, as she had wanted to enquire about, with complete strangers!!

Queries aimed at a local policeman – a friend of the witness – regarding accidents in the area, came to naught. It was noted however that a public house, situated some 2 miles distant, had burned to the ground many years earlier.

Another friend, who was in the RAF, had suggested that the womans ‘visitor’ may well have been connected to the nearby WWII airbase – the land now utilised for housing and commercial concerns – but a subsequent check of the death records associated with the site revealed no significant accidents for the time-frame in question. Despite this, our witness feels that this latter mentioned avenue is the most likely cause for her unnerving experience….

All the best to everyone over the Festive Season and into the New Year!!!

Regards,

Nick;);)

I remember this from tales from my childhood - thanks for reminding me! Unfortunately, I don't recall any of the details concerning the 'rider'....was it supposed to be some one from the Civil War???

Hi JohnO,

I read somewhere, can't remember where, may even have been on this Forum, that the ghostly rider is supposed to be a former resident of Great Barr Hall, and that the apparition is/was usually seen around where Hundred Acre Road and Aldridge Road meet. Never seen it myself - never looked, to be honest.

All this talk about religion makes me smile at myself - I had religion stuffed down my throat when I was young, and in fact my elder brother was a vicar. As I reached adulthood I became a convinced atheist, but even so when one of life's problems manifests itself I sometimes find myself actually praying. Odd.

Big Gee

hi reg...boxing day 2008 me and our kid went into whats left of the old buildings in icknield st:rolleyes: pitch black dark inside as all the windows are boarded up so all the pics we took had to be with flash..the entry was blocked off from the outside so i took a pic from the inside of the building....as with most of them we just aimed our cameras and hoped for the best...anyhow in my opinion the circular light on the left is an orb in the entry :rolleyes: our kid took the same shot straight after me but he did not get the orb on his pic and was most upset as hes into ghost hunting...now is this spooky or what...:D

if you want to see the rest of my pics just type in ICKNEILD STREET ALERT in the search box..must admit i cant beleive that at my age i went into those buildings:rolleyes: must have had the villa st devil in me that day:D

lyn

Morning Lyn. How's your Hangover, John Knight. Taking photo's at our party last night-this- morning, on my daughters camera, theres an Orb? the size of a Tennis Ball. Its on a Digital camera, so you can zoom right in to take a closer look, I've heard and seen these things on TV, and they've been nothing but specks of dust. but seeing this last night blew me away. I'm going over to see my daughter this morning to get her Camera and download this picture."I think some scientists would love to get their hands on this one"

Hi Reg,

Unfortunately, so-called Orbs are nothing but dust particles and other airborn debris being misinterpreted by digital camera technology. The size of these blobs on pics is only really a matter of how close the particle is to the lens. Please see:

https://westmidlandsghostclub.com/page32.htm

All the best,

Nick;);)

Shortly after my father passed we renovated his old bedroom. On photograhing the room before wooden flooring was laid there were many orbs against the fitted wardrobes, the largest one when enlarged clearly showed the face of my father. Not my imagination, I showed the photo to many people who on seeing a photo of my father in life identified ther likeness in the orb.

Hi John, I've heard this sort of scenario numerous times following the appearance of the orb phenomenon in the mid 90's, but all I can say is that - if orbs were ghostly in nature - spirits never apparently chose this format to appear in prior to the invention of digital cameras. The blatant give-away with this matter is the simple fact that camera manufacturers recognise and blatantly publicise such faults, but people still chose to ignore such data and believe there is still something supernatural at work. I've been sent shots of numerous orbs that supposedly contain faces, figures and so on, but - in blowing up these images and causing pixcellation to occur - you can invariably see all sorts of motifs and designs in them...... Could you possibly post up the picture of the orb containing the image you speak of and a photo of your father for comparison, please? All the best, Nick

hi ya reg...well orbs or not we both know that we have seen the same ghost dont we...same street...different houses..different years....ive posted about mine and our moms sighting on this thread ages ago...

lyn

I'm just reading about it now. Brings back memories of the one I saw in Milton street, Why do they always appear in bedrooms late at night. That one was a Dick Turpin fella, same thing. Came to the end of my bed, stood there looking at me for a while and walked off through the window into the street. I think I remarked about him earlier in another thread, it was the attic window in the old back to back, and I wondered if he could fly too. He had a black cape, and wearing a tri-corn hat.

I don't believe in ghosts, but when my daughter moved into her first house on Bournville trust her little girl came downstairs and said "moomy there's a man in my bedroom",
went upstairs and obviously nothing, when questioned Bethany said he had a big coat with a hood.
They later found out that the houses were built on an old Priory.

hi folks and hi nick. i have only just read through this thread and thought you may be intersted in my story. i think a am a reasonably sane and rational person (i hope) so here goes. in about 1967 i lived in villa st hockley and shared the attic with my bro and sister. one night i woke up and sat up in bed and there at the bottom of the bed on the right hand side was this figure just standing there. quite tall with what a can only describe as wearing a black cloak with a hood. i could not see a face. i had no fear of it and thought i must be dreaming so i lay down and put my head under the covers for about 10 secs when i looked again it was still there. i cant understand why i wasnt scared witless but anyway i just lay down went to sleep and in the morning i just put it down to a dream and basically forgot about it and told no one and never saw it again. this next bit of my story really nails it for me that it wasnt a dream. as i said that was in about 67 now in 72 we moved from villa st and it would be round about 1980 me and mom where talking about the old end and to my surprise she said to me how she couldnt wait to move from there. i asked he why this was as i thought we had all been happy there. then she told me that she had seen a ghost twice. i asked her to explain what she has seen to me. apparently when dad was working away she had the same experience as i had the same figure had appeared at the end of her bed and she was scared. anyway the 2nd visit it payed to moms bedroom dad was actually there but this time it was standing by the wardrobe. mom was shaking and sweating dad woke and thought she was having a heart attack. neither of us saw it after that but i have to beleive it was real as mom didnt know about my experience and i didnt know about hers till many years later and i cant see us both being so wrong. i have tried to work out what it may have been and why he was there and the only thing i can come up with is i beleive the roman road from icknield st may have ran very close to villa st on its way to sutton park and could he have been a roman soldier. hope you all dont think im mad but this was very very real. wales.

Hi Astoness - has the data mentioned in your recent post been discussed on the open forum somewhere? (My memory is shot to hell, these days!!) I re-capped on your old post - above - and do recall reading the details a reasonably long time back... What is the connection with Reg in this matter - if you don't mind my asking? Come on - spill the beans please??? Laugh!!! Regards, Nick

hi nick..me and reg both lived in villa st although he moved in just before i moved out ..met him for the first time last year and as he now only lives a couple of roads from me he and his wife paid me a visit...of course we got talking about the old end and i asked if he had ever seen any ghosts while he lived there...he said he had so without me telling him what i had seen i asked him to describe what he had seen...the same thing.. albeit in different houses and a few years apart...now that makes 3 of us having the same experience and as i said in my earlier story myself and mom did not tell each other about it until many years after we had left the street...i guess unless you have seen something you wont beleive in ghosts but i stand by the fact that 3 people can not have 4 sightings between them unless it happend..one day i am going to find out the history of the ground on which villa st was built..i find it fascinating...

lyn

hi nick..me and reg both lived in villa st although he moved in just before i moved out ..met him for the first time last year and as he now only lives a couple of roads from me he and his wife paid me a visit...of course we got talking about the old end and i asked if he had ever seen any ghosts while he lived there...he said he had so without me telling him what i had seen i asked him to describe what he had seen...the same thing.. albeit in different houses and a few years apart...now that makes 3 of us having the same experience and as i said in my earlier story myself and mom did not tell each other about it until many years after we had left the street...i guess unless you have seen something you wont beleive in ghosts but i stand by the fact that 3 people can not have 4 sightings between them unless it happend..one day i am going to find out the history of the ground on which villa st was built..i find it fascinating...

lyn

Hi Lyn, Thanks for your reply. I have now pestered Reg about his experience too and he has filled me in on the matter! Laugh!! I've mentioned to him that these are the sort of experiences I look for therse days with regards to ghostly happenings, as they clearly transcend the more 'normal' encounters that you hear of!
Nick! can you explain to me please, I'm sitting just a couple of feet away from my son. How can a speck of dust turn out to be so big.?View attachment 42652

Hi Reg, the speck of dust concerned could be so tiny as to be completely invisible if viewed with the naked eye, but the focal length of the camera in conjunction with the flash misinterprets what is directly in front of the lens - in close proximity - and these blobs appear. Another fine example of this sort of thing - more revealing than the orb phenomenon, to be honest - is the (so-called) 'Vortex Effect'. This is widely believed to be a sign of some form of paranormal 'doorway' or 'dimensional gateway' by most researchers and psychics and these tend to appear like this: https://westmidlandsghostclub.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album77&id=vortex It truth, this is nothing more supernatural than a human hair, spider web or some such thread-like substance dangling in front of the camera lens!! Laugh, laugh!! Again, this pretty much never happened before the advent of digital camera technology.... which should speak volumes in itself, to be honest.
Hi Nick
I dont have photo editing software so I am enclosing the orb picture and a photo of my late dad. The orb I believe to have my fathers face in is the large one on the right door of the wardrobe.

Hi John, thanks for posting the requested pictures! I have to admit that, looking at the orb in question, there is certainly some face-like features within it.... though the pixcellation in such images - as with those of the buildings shown earlier on this thread - are frequently conducive to this sort of effect. As an example, I was once shown an orb that clearly had a snake-like face within it... compete with fangs, it seemed.
This picture was sent to me by my son.The story goes that these friends were getting ready for a nght out and the little girl in the picture wasn't crying because her mom was going out,but because she was always upset when she was there.She would never settle going to bed or in the daytime etc.She was the only child there. Who,then, is peeping between the legs of the girls 2nd and 3rd from the left?

Hi Ladylinda - this particular photograph has become something of a phenomenon the world over in the last year or so. It was first shown to me by a ghost hunting associate who told me a close variation of the story that you have mentioned above.... said to be occuring in a Black Country household. However, over the next year or so, this story - always happening to a friend of the person showing the photograph to someone and occuring in the region concerned - sprouted up all over the country. One of the daily newspapers ran a huge article allegedly showing the chap who claimed to have initially took the shot - somewhere like Liverpool, if memory serves me well (which it seldom does!) - and even this link turned out to be false, it seems! Laugh!! I mentioned it to our mate Danny Kelly at the time and one of our members was asked to go on his show and talk about the matter. Thankfully, the member concerned didn't commit himself either way on the image - it hadn't become as famous as it eventually got at that time - but it's actual origin still remains a complete mystery?? Laugh!! Try typing 'ghost child looking through legs' or some variations into Google, etc. If you find any blurb with the pic, it will almost invariably concern a friend of a friends party in a totally different region (sometimes country) to the next. Laugh!! https://ghosts-and-demons.blogspot.com/2008/12/scary-ghost-picture.html https://jadedskeptic.blogspot.com/2008/02/dismantling-ghost-story.html https://www.tyboolee.com/ghostpics.html The pic on this page being taken at a party in Dublin, allegedly: https://www.rotherham-ghosts.com/submittedphotos.htm All the best to everyone, Nick

I saw a ghost black cat inside my hall as I oppened the front door my house, it ran toward me then disappeared before reaching me.
Everything I have seen before or since and thats quite a while, that I have suspected of being a feline, has been.
Oddly enough after fifteen or so years we had a fleabag black tom who will come and go as he pleases whether he gets food or not.

Has'nt been around for six months or so now, probably down to my beagle, Lala she haunts us most of the time now.

Hi Getting Older,

Ghostly cats seem a very popular type of ghost, to be honest. I've had loads of people telling me about these sorts of encounters over the years. (We investigated the 'Withit Witch' Shop in Halesowen recently and, during a tea break, the owner told me about her ghost cats too! Laugh!!)

Do you mean that your beagle is now deceased too G.O.?

All the best,

Nick

View attachment 42802Two days after losing my St Bernard I brought my father home from his nursing home for the day. In his earlier years he had trained as a medium with the spiritualist church so even in his closing years he was still sensitive. Sitting in his chair he suddenly turned towards the conservatory and said Winston (The Bernards name) was looking at us all. My late wife Mary, a Catholic and disbeliever in such mumbo jumbo took a photo which I am attaching. The large orb does show the face of an animal. Pixelation perhaps but the fact my father had seen something before the photo was taken causes me to have a very open mind on what it may have been.

Hi All,

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever heard of any sites of 'crossroads burials' within the Birmingham area at all? I'm sure there will be at least a couple somewhere in the history of the region... and ghost stories frequently cropped up in conjunction with such places....

All the best,

Nick

hi nick
I seem to recall in the dim and distant fog that is my brain, that there was a crossroads burial by the Tyburn pub (by the vale) if the tyburn was a gibbet, it might make sense that any unclaimed bodies were buried 'on-site'

Back