• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brummie Ghosts

I have not taken your comments as insulting and agree with a lot of what you say, just wanted to get my side across too.

But you are right, there are no mega ghost stories here at this pub but from the investigations that have taken place we are certainly putting a picture together of the history and days gone by of the place. What is interesting is that both investigations have also uncovered stark similarities which i add to my evidence.

The hard part starts now which is backing it all up with the research.

Yeah that is the problem, I think you just have to be careful at times of people taking advantage, only thing i can suggest is try Birmingham Library, something might turn up there, more then likely it was a farm firstly as most of the land that way was i think, years ago most of Birmingham was just little villages, i don't know much about that side of Brum, but someone on here is bound too... So what kind of stuff happens in the pub? who did these investigation people think the people haunting the pub were? and how much Spirits had they partaken before hand lol

Apparently we have several from two air force servicemen who were forced to sleep in the old bowling pavillion because they were drunk and the landlord wanted to keep them away from his daughter and from a farming family who have a sad tale of love and death that touched my heart when i heard about it. Also there is supposed to be the longest serving landlord of the pub who is resident here after many happy years of running the pub.

I have personally witnessed unexplained shadows, been pushed and touched, heard my name called out when i have been the only person in the pub, smelt burning for no reason and even seeing a cat run through the pub several times through the corner of my eye. The lights in our cellar always flicker when only females go down but never the men and a lady who works part time in our kitchen always has the lights switched off on her in the klitchen only on a Thursday. We have also had our cellar gas supply cut off mid shift several times and all beer flow stops.

Whats exciting is when others see or witness what i have seen and cant explain it either which has happened many times.

Sounds interesting, do you think the kitchen thing could be they aint happy with the service lol have you tried her food?? haha Well you certainly have a lot to find out about there, atleast they seem friendly enough, wonder what the old landlord thinks of the place now? they say ghosts come out when you start changing things, i assume over the years there's been quite a lot of changes and renovation, maybe that's brought them out.

lol no the food is lovely but there are a lot of changes taking place here, infact i asked once during a seance if they were happy with us and got a positive response so i guess its ok.

i had a ghost of a small boy in my flat that would turn on my gas fire and let all the gas fill the room,im so lucky i never switched lights on when i got up early for work each morning...so does anyone know about any boy in clunbury rd,northfield...id love to find out

yes it was scary,as if i forgot to check for gas and switched on....

i lived there in 1993 moved out in 1997,it was no 27.i never did check the history on the place...

Wonder if there would be any old newspaper clippings? I don't know Northfield that well, maybe other tennents experienced it too? Maybe the new tennents do? Do you live nearby still you could go back and ask them?

no other neighbour had a problem as far as i know...i live about 10 miles away now but im scared the new ppl will think im mad...lol

but it might be worth digging around to hear about anything weird

Yeah they may well do, but chances are they will have experienced too i would have thought, he's got to have lived there, how old were the flats do you recon? relatively modern or do you think they had been there some years? Maybe they were built where his house used to be, you never know do you, definately worth checking out i'd say

apparentley they were built for the old austin workers but dont quoote me on that,maybe some one on here knows when the one up one down flats were built in clunbury rd northfield?

You'de be amazed at what the people on this site know, i'm sure someone on here knows something and will be able to tell you, i take it they are down by Rover then? Well what was Rover, drove past there other day and have to say it was wierd it not being there, my cousin lives by there, worked there all his life until it closed, real shame.. bet that place is haunted too, i've never asked anyone... anyone got any stories from there too??

I'm not knocking you, just saying i hadn't heard mega ghost stories, and to be honest with you, as far as Richard Felix is concerned, he's probably a genuine guy, I just don't think the most haunted stuff has done him any favours with all their so called 'set ups' and thats from thier own people. We are just boucing around ideas, and i for one am certainly open to anything, but as you are probably aware there are a lot of people out there ready to make money out of vulnerable people and i just don't agree with that.

I take my eye's off this post for a couple of days and when I come back......... Well......!!! :D:D

Re. Claires comments above - I have to say that I'd never heard of the pub previously (I'm not at all a pubby person), so any derogatory-sounding comments were aimed at dealings with Felix himself and any related machinations from that quarter.

Richard Felix probably doesn't think that he isn't doing any harm to this subject directly, but the ripples he sets off with his dealings - staged events at Dudley Castle, ill researched DVD's, etc - have definite effects on the ghostlore of the sites / places covered. If it was purely accidental and / or amateurish actions being carried out by an amateur investigator, but when it's all, purely, in the name of lining someones pockets at the end of the day, this is an inexcusable act and gnaws away at the very subject the people concerned are actually being 'revered' for!!!!:explode::explode: These things propagate each other...... crappy 'most Haunted' bringing Felix to national attention, Felix being hailed as the Ghost-Master General (or whatever ridiculous term the media keep using for him!!).... and now Felixs son is apparently starting up a paranormal related magazine......!!!!

Regards,

Nick:':)':)'(
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Nicholas don't lie, we know Derek Acorra (spelling??) told you what was going on lol lol lol and forseen our future court case for slander lmao (sorry couldn't resist) Just out of interest, have you watched TAPS? American version of ghost hunting.. i have to say they seem less staged and more open to questioning things and dismissing things as hauntings, that's interesting to watch if you get time..

Naughty Claire!!!:D:D

Re. TAPS, I only watched one episode..... back at the beginning of the first series. They've apparently become 'heroes' to many groups in the time the show has been running, being praised for their no-nonsense attitude with regards to 'Orbs' and such like......

Unfortunately, I recall watching them convincing one householder that her house was 'definitely' haunted because they had caught 'orbs' on some of their photo's during the show I saw, so they are evidently less impressive than most seem to give them credit for, to be honest......

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

I've only seen a few shows, i keep missing them lol but from what i saw they did seem a bit more rational about it and not so oh yeah that noise was a ghost etc etc, and seemed more willing to question things then just accept it was down to hauntings, but as i say i haven't seen the whole series so i could be wrong, but it certainly isn't as sensationalist as others. I mean lets face it i someone stuck me in the pitch black in a house and said it's haunted i'm sure my mind would play tricks on me and i'd be convinved i saw/heard stuff i would normally not.

But nobody's actually SEEN anything resembling a ghost on any of these programmes have they?

Harborne

I worked at Metro Cammell for 27 years and there were reported Ghosts in the big cellar,and also in the old machine shops a few people said that they had seen them personally i am a believer:pMossy

You're right there Harborne... Mossy what kind of ghosts were there? I don't know much about the place you mention so do you think it could be past workers haunting it? or was there something there before it that the Ghosts are connected to?

Back