• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Brummie comedians and comedy character actors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumrocks

proper brummie kid
I've already started a thread titled Brummie comedians but I added Frank Skinner in the title by mistake so I'm starting this new one to keep it more general.

This is a useful thread containing helpful contributions and adding to our knowledge of Birmingham history. There is however a bit of concern amongst Mods that it will develop into nothing more than a Facebook-type "chat". We would like to get something solid, valuable and, most important of all, readily accessible out of it.

Brumrocks - as you initiated the thread, I wonder if you could help by coordinating the responses and perhaps creating a definitive list of Birmingham comedians from the various contributions. The latter could be contained in a specific post within this thread which you could update/add to as and when additional information comes in. Just full name - year of birth and/or lifespan - Birmingham place of birth. No personal experiences or other information at this stage.

Definitions:
By "Birmingham place of birth" we mean: within the Birmingham boundary or in IMMEDIATELY adjoining areas.
By "Comedians", we mean: traditional stand-up performers AND comedy character actors (which will include people like Julie Walters and Ian Lavender).

When we have a fairly comprehensive list - created from the combined knowledge and memory of our many members - Mods can decide both how best to use the summary within the Forum - dedicated threads dealing with individuals, perhaps, where they don't already exist; and also how to ensure it is a searchable resource available to members and googleable by the world at large.

Let's try and create something definitive, comprehensive and new!

Chris

I have locked this thread for discussion with my fellow moderators.
I have also deleted any posts other than those of Comedians names and birth records.
Could I draw the attention of all members to the Forum rules especially , the Role of the Moderators, section 6 , A Brief reminder.

Alberta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back