• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Copies of Brummagem Magazines

Okay Lynn
Thanks for that information i have taken it on board,
Today sortying out my collection of books of history, i have dicovered that i have
Two good mint condition of a book called ,Heroses of the birmingham Air Raids
As i only need one , therefore i am offering one of these books free to any one whom
Want one it is writton by Michael Minton glossy pages and of Glossy cover
Book with sir winston churchill on the front cover inspecting
A line up of three police officiers and one air raid warden with a kings medal
At the right hand cover of a kings medal it is full of inforamtion and very imforitive
If anybody wants it and its free with no postage i will pay and post it to them
It will not cost them a penny
All you have to do is contact me through the forum pm messages
As Lynn as stated above on the previous thread
Best wishes to you all Alan,,,, Astonian,,,,

hello alan that is a very kind offer...that is a book i do not have but would like so i am sending you a pm message...

lyn

hello alan just to say a big thank you for sending me the book.."heroes of the birmingham air raids" it arrived first thing this morning...i shall settle down tonight to read it...

once again many thanks

lyn

Hi Lynn
Just to say how happy i am to learn you got the book this morning,
All day i was wondering whether or not you received it,because out here the post is unreable
So i am very happy you have notifyed me to confirm it arrived
Like wise in myself expecting in coming mail its more often late for a few days never on time
Mind you the sorting office is abit of away to our abode
My business mail is good my office is just around the same block
Any way you will find its packed with alot of intresting informatiion and peoples story,s
I think its a gem of a book good night god bless you and keep upall ylur hard work you are doingfor us all on the BHF Alan,,,Astonian,,,,

Hi guys, and especial attention need by two of our older members
Reason being i buy carl chinns maggs already and done so for afew years back now
And i can certainly tell you they well worth the shillings well spent
But i have to say how i got started or should i say, it was my dear old friend and yours
Lovely lady namely sylvia, whom got me intrested in old chinnys books
Because she gave me one hell of old maggs of chinn,s from day one
And tonight i dragged them out of the loft and i started to go through them
And the second one i pulled out and pawd through was dated
The issue number 69 December 2006
And as i turned the pages on page 6. And 7.
And there was two stories from people,the first on page 6 was a story called
Enjoying the party,its a young girl , enjoying herself at a christmas party
At madame Aimees she beleive she was included in a photograph taken at
Ansells christmasd party
She says she was a regular at the dances at Aimees
She said she was around ten years old at the time
This was ansells Aston Cross
So i thought if this is okay to put her name in case she may have been a relative
And would like a picture of her at the table she was sitting and there is a circle drawn around her head
On the picture they can make contact and i will send it
Secondly on the opersite page 7 there is a picture of monument road and kingedwards road
And there is little kids standing on the corner when the photo eas taken,
Thast little group was my little brothers and there friends i actuly seen the guy across the road
Over the crossing out sdide the printers building on that day
And it shows and names the shops and the house in view was actulay our old house in the fiftys
The tall house with the asttic was my bedroom in the fiftys
243 kingedwards road ladywood
So thanks again sylvia if you are reading us today by the way i hope hour car is well
Brst weisdhes Alan,, Astonian,,,,,

pS,
Forgot to post name of the girl, M Lichfield , nee Hexley,
Hope this is exceptable or at least a relative might see this thread
Thanks again moderators ,, Astonian,, Alan,,,

Alan, glad to hear you are enjoying the old magazines, and found some photos relevant to you. I had a new battery fitted to my car just after your help, so far so good.

Hi Sylv;
It was nice to hear from you after a long time absence of hearing and seing you on site
yes i am having a great read and some terific stories and information from that load of maggs you gave me
i have not read them all at the moment ,but i have found some great pics and family connections
and i came across a story with pics of a sister inlaw,s parents and it included was a picture with her parents and older brother
taken at her early age as a kid at a celebration
it was her father whom came from wales and married her mother and was brought up in queens road aston
she married my younger brother they now live in king standing with there own kids
but any way i dashed over and surprized her and gave her the magazine
she was thrilled to bits and showed it to her brother
but any way sylv; nice to know you are still with us on the forum and nice to know your chitty bang bang
is still working for you dont forget to put your anti freeze in
take care Alan;;; Astonian;;;;;

Back