• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Copies of Brummagem Magazines

L

lerryngal

I was told my Husbands Grand-Father John Gallears was featured in one of the magazines. I'm going back a few years, but I would love to find the article for my Husband, and his Dad.
If anyone has a copy featuring the Gallears name, I would love to read it, and get a copy.

hi there...ive got loads of old copies of the mag going back 7 years at least...when i have time i will go through them all and see if i can locate the article for you..

cheers

astoness:)

hi there...ive got loads of old copies of the mag going back 7 years at least...when i have time i will go through them all and see if i can locate the article for you..

cheers

astoness:)

That would be very much appreciated Astoness.

been through quite a few copies..no luck so far in finding your article...

lyn:)

Lyn,
Be an angel,and when you are looking through your old copy's see if you can see 2 photographs,of women working in the munitions factory,in digbeth...I think.
I have seen these photo's somewhere and they are not in the Carl Chinn books I have, so they must have been in the magazine.
Are you in contact with Carl?.I went on his radio programme once,he never invited me back....hope I didn't upset him.:):):)

ray i would take a lot to upset carl...yes i talk from time to time to him....ok i will look out for these two women you are after...;)

Ray that Lyn could get you into trouble saying you are after 2 women, tell her three minimum or nothing:D

lol alf..im scared to ask ray why he wants them:rolleyes:

morning alf..hope all is well your neck o the woods...

lyn

You are not concentrating Alf,it's 2 photo's,of 2 groups of women,one photo.dates from the 1880s the other from 1914.
It must be your age me old mate...I see you are almost 4 months older than me.:D:D

well if the pics are that old ray i see we have nowt to worry about then...:D

You are not concentrating Alf,it's 2 photo's,of 2 groups of women,one photo.dates from the 1880s the other from 1914.
It must be your age me old mate...I see you are almost 4 months older than me.:D:D

I was only trying to boost your ego my young mate and in future don't cheek your elders,or you will be sent to bed with no Tea:D

Last edited:
Sorry about that,uncle Alf,I shall try to be more respectful in future,and be guided by your greater age and experience.:p

lol you two...that brings to mind..we had two living rooms..the back one led to the kitchen and if i was sent to bed for being unusually naughty:D i would wait for our mom and dad to settle in the front room..sneak down from the attic slip into the kitchen and make a couple of jam butties and sneak back up again...:D:Dnow i am deviating from the subject...off soon folks..back later on....have a good day all...

been through quite a few copies..no luck so far in finding your article...

I know it was 7 years ago my Mom told me about it, and I don't know how old the copy was then, but thanks for looking for me. You're a star!

Does anyone have a reasonably large number of Brummagem magazines they would be willing to part with/sell (particularly earlier ones)? I will be using them for my family history research which I've found time to revisit after a couple of years break following my dads death in 2010. He grew up in Park Lane Aston. Thank you. Carl

Does anyone have a reasonably large number of Brummagem magazines they would be willing to part with/sell (particularly earlier ones)? I will be using them for my family history research which I've found time to revisit after a couple of years break following my dads death in 2010. He grew up in Park Lane Aston. Thank you. Carl

email me Carl on [email protected]

please remember that it is always at your own risk if you post your email address on open forum as its open to everyone to see and could cause you problems ie hacking or unwanted emails.. to exchange personal details and for the sake of privacy it is far better to contact members via our private message system...click on inbox top right of the page)

lyn

Last edited:
Back