1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. All of the moderators are working very hard to tidy up the Forum posts, as you can imagine 14 years tidying takes a lot of time. Quite a bit of this is taken up with off topic posts It would be helpful in future if members could keep their posts relevant to the thread Title,those that are not will be deleted. Thanks.

Brum pics

Discussion in 'Misc Snaps' started by Frothblower, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Frothblower

Frothblower Lubrication In Moderation

Some photos borrowed off a certain buy and sell site:rolleyes::shh::D

2. Frothblower

Some more

3. dek carr

dek carr master brummie

Nice one Chris have you got a location for photo 1 post #2 there,s a large church in the background but I can,t pinpoint it,s position. Dek

4. Phil

Phil Moderator & Retired Layabout Staff Member

Dek

It look like what would now be Burnt Tree traffic island along the Wolverhampton Rd to me.

Phil

5. dek carr

dek carr master brummie

Funny that Phil that was the place I was thinking of but the large church in the background threw me. Dek

6. Frothblower

Sorry I don't know:(
    Looks like you may have found out anyway:)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  7. dek carr

dek carr master brummie

Not so sure Chris maybe one of our tram experts can identify if the trams are B,ham transport or not. Dek

8. WINSTON

WINSTON master brummie

9. TOPSYTURVEY

TOPSYTURVEY brummie

Somewhere in Aston. May be Aston Rd North?[​IMG]

10. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson master brummie

The picture 'somewhere on Aston Road North' could be Aston Brook garage. This garage was on the corner of Aston Road North and Powell St. The bicycle(s) could be a clue. This garage went on to be Banning's I beleive. The bicycle was used for advertising into the sixties. Take a look at this link;
    [​IMG]http://www.obgt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/garagedista.html

11. mikejee

mikejee Super Moderator Staff Member

The firm in the background will be Dobson & Crowther Ltd, paper bag makers, 26,28, 30 & 42, & Brook works Aston Rd north & 1 & 3 Brook St
    rowthei- Limited, 26,
    28, 30 & 42, & Brook works,

12. cookie273uk

cookie273uk master brummie

!s 3d a gallon,, thats just over a penny a litre - unbeleivable !!!