• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

browning st....

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi ...would anyone have a map showing browning st running to ledsam and surrounding streets please....

many thanks...

lyn:):)

dave i cant see browning st or ledsam..lol..think i need glasses..i wll save it and zoom in....

thank you..

lyn:)

Ledsam St is slap bang in the middle and Browning St slightly to the right of that. Woould have scanned you a map in Braille but the scanner don't support that. :D

:D:D:D dave..so once ive located one i will find the other then....

god i need a holiday.....:cry::cry:

lyn

cheers dave..my only defence is that i was asking for someone else....so this is not my area....:D:D:D

lyn:):)

Lyn
The areas not entirely unknown to you. Attached is a map c 1914. To the northeast of browning st is a building near the canal you've taken lots of lovely photographs of
Mike

browning_st_c_1914.jpg

thanks everso mike..i was asking for maggs...shes offline at the min so when she gets back she will be very happy with the maps...and the link that dave gave has lots of pics of browning st on...

Cheers both....

Lyn:):):)

Thank you Lyn, Mikejee and Dave Riley. I am very grateful to you all for getting the map for me. I will save that now. Maggs:)

Re: Ledsam street and surrounding area

Hi Please find attached 5 segment maps, 1851, 1866, 1883, 1894, 1898
On the 1851 the area is being laid out, Ledsam not named. But the 1866 clearly shows Ledsam Street, one of the plans spells it Ledsham.
You can view all the plans (whole maps) on mapseeker.co.uk
Click on Genealogy Map Resources, select Birmingham Atlas and explore.

I have just completed a book called Birmingham - A History In Maps. It has been completed with the help of Birmingham Archives and Bartholomew Collins, so the book will contain practically all the plans of Birmingham (and at detail level too) between 1553 and 1949. Its due out in October and will help a lot of people researching old streets and places long since gone. It also contains many rare images of buildings and views.
Hope the above segments are useful,
All the best
Paul
mapseeker

Back