• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brown Pat

Christine Joyes

In September 2016, Pat wrote a message saying that she had lived many of her first years in Birmingham Central Fire Station and at the time, her best friend was me!!
We lost contact 55 years ago when we went to live in France. I've tried to send her a mail via the site, but perhaps she doesn't visit it any more. Does anyone know of a way I could contact her?

can you confirm pats user name please as i cant seem to find her on the members list under pat brown..

lyn

thanks joe and janice..

hi christine it looks like pat has elected not to receive private messages from members...i see that you have made a post on the fire station thread so the only hope is that pat reads it and posts back on that thread although as said she has not been on the forum since dec 2016...all the best

lyn

Christine, my step father was named Brown, he could not join the fire brigade so joined the ambulance service.His brothers how ever were able to join the force and, pardon the pun. climbed the ladder of ranks to become chief fire officers.Perhaps you could persue your look for Pat from records of the Browns. I know there was a Pat in the family , she emigrated to New Zealand. Hope this can assist you.

Thank you Brian, but I wouldn't know where to find records of the Browns and I don't remember her father's first name, I only know that her brother was Dereck. In her 2016 message, she doesn't mention anything about being in New Zealand. My father was Patrick (Pat) Joyes who also became a Fire officer in the 60s, 70s and 80s, perhaps someone else will remember us!!!

Hi, i don’t know if anyone is still looking at this thread but I have just seen Christines message. Unfortunately my email address was compromised and I had to open a new account. In case anyone is still here and knows how to get in touch with Christine . I am desperately trying to get in touch with her.

pat

Last edited:
Not a good idea to post email address. Ask people to PM you to get your address if they have info. You could also try sending it in a PM to Christine.

I tried to update my email address but couldn’t find how to and it looks like I should have said I would accept emails. I put my email address out of desperation I never thought Christine would see my post.

Not a good idea to post email address. Ask people to PM you to get your address if they have info. You could also try sending it in a PM to Christine.
Thank you Janice, I have found how to change my email address, is this how you do a PM?

To make a PM click on the envelope symbol at the top rh corner of the page, fill in name you want send to, title and message and click on "start conversation" at bottom

You can also click on someone's avatar and "start conversation ".
If you click on "edit" you can remove the email address from your post and replace it asking people to message you if they need it.

Try googling 'Christine Jayes Clion" and see what you get. The result is worth a try. If you can't see an address let me know.

Last edited:
I tried to update my email address but couldn’t find how to and it looks like I should have said I would accept emails. I put my email address out of desperation I never thought Christine would see my post.
hi pat ...when you click to accept emails they will not be from members (your email address is private from all members) you are clicking to receive an email from this forum alerting you the fact that a member has replied to a post you have made on a thread...

just looking at your post 9 i see that you have decided to leave your private email address visible...this is of course at your own risk as the world and his wife can now see it but you can edit your post and remove the email address if you wish

as already said the safest way to swap any private details is via our private message system which is private between the sender and the recipient...

lyn

Hello everyone

Brilliant news. I have found Christine Joyes and we have started emailing. We now have 60 years to catch up on. I am absolutely thrilled. Thank you for your help couldn’t have happened without this site.

Pat
wonderful news pat....enjoy your catch up

lyn

Back