• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brown Pat

Christine Joyes

In September 2016, Pat wrote a message saying that she had lived many of her first years in Birmingham Central Fire Station and at the time, her best friend was me!!
We lost contact 55 years ago when we went to live in France. I've tried to send her a mail via the site, but perhaps she doesn't visit it any more. Does anyone know of a way I could contact her?

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
can you confirm pats user name please as i cant seem to find her on the members list under pat brown..

lyn

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
thanks joe and janice..

hi christine it looks like pat has elected not to receive private messages from members...i see that you have made a post on the fire station thread so the only hope is that pat reads it and posts back on that thread although as said she has not been on the forum since dec 2016...all the best

lyn

brian johnson

Brummie babby
Christine, my step father was named Brown, he could not join the fire brigade so joined the ambulance service.His brothers how ever were able to join the force and, pardon the pun. climbed the ladder of ranks to become chief fire officers.Perhaps you could persue your look for Pat from records of the Browns. I know there was a Pat in the family , she emigrated to New Zealand. Hope this can assist you.

Christine Joyes

Thank you Brian, but I wouldn't know where to find records of the Browns and I don't remember her father's first name, I only know that her brother was Dereck. In her 2016 message, she doesn't mention anything about being in New Zealand. My father was Patrick (Pat) Joyes who also became a Fire officer in the 60s, 70s and 80s, perhaps someone else will remember us!!!