• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Broughton family

pinky

master brummie
wonder if someone can help me please.. im searching Keith Broughton, he his early 40tys he lived in the 132/2 Cromwell St Nechells .. by the Cromwell school, just wondering if anyone can help wer he be living now.

thankyou .. Pinky

suemalings

master brummie
I wonder if this is the same Keith Broughton that lived with us in the late 1960's in Saltley.

I don't know where he is now as when he left us he went to ive with his mother near Saltley Gate. This was about 1969-1970. He must have been around 10 years old at the time.

pinky

master brummie
Hi Sue thankyou. it could be the same Keith Broughton i rember he came back to my Aunty Ann in the sixties and i think she lived satley area,, or Devon st.. i no he was in foster care since a baby .. until of that age .. 10yrs or ther abouts i last seen him in the 1980 he had lot of probs not erd of him since ther was last mentioned his mom ad past away it just be nice to track him down... thankyou again Sue.

regaurds pinky :)

Catsclaws

master brummie
HI
We once new a Broughton Family I dont know if they are the same ?
Bill and Ethel Broughton . They had 3 son John ,Chris and the youngest David who died having a fit at the age of 11 . They lived in Repton Road Bordesly green .
Bill and Ethel are no longer with us but Chris and John would be about 55 to 60 ?
Jean

G

Geoff Broughton

This may have been Keith Broughton who lived in Anglessy St, Lozells in 1979.

suemalings

master brummie
Do you know of Keith Broughton who lived in Lozells?

Would love to find out if it is the same Keith that lived with our family.

If you have contact with him, perhaps you can tell him that his cousin in Anglesey and myself woder how he is.

KIMT

HI
We once new a Broughton Family I dont know if they are the same ?
Bill and Ethel Broughton . They had 3 son John ,Chris and the youngest David who died having a fit at the age of 11 . They lived in Repton Road Bordesly green .
Bill and Ethel are no longer with us but Chris and John would be about 55 to 60 ?
Jean
i rememebr them well, used to live across the road at no 22, Towers was my surname, my mom and ethel were friends, Auntie Ethel as i used to call her used to pull out my milk teeth

Carolann Taylor

proper brummie kid
Hi there, Bill (Alfred William) was my mother's brother. We only saw them occasionally but I remember David's very sad death when I was in the last year of junior school. John (who I believe ran a fishing tackle shop) sadly passed away around 10 years ago after an illness, but he was a young man. Again, I don't know Chris but he would be in his late 60's now I think.
Mom and Bill's mother, Sarah Broughton, nee Weston, died in 1936 from facial cancer at Dudley Rd Hospital, leaving a very young family. She was 47, and lived in Charles Henry St and was married to Edwin (Ted) Broughton. The children were split up and this is why I believe we were never close to most of the aunts and uncles. I have no photographs of my grandparents Sarah and Edwin.