• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Brookhill Tavern

Dontgetmestarted

Hi. I'm new to the forum, so apologies if I have put this query in the wrong place. I've recently been remenissing about the past since retiring. I've been looking for information about an old friend I knew back in the 1980's. Really pleased to find this forum. I noticed he was mentioned by someone here who knew him back in the 60's & 70's when he ran the Brookhill Tavern, Alum Rock. His name was Ken Townsend, he was married to his 1st wife Frances then. Would be interested if anyone remembers him from those days as I didn't know him then. When I knew him he was living in Sparkhill & was a driving intructor. I lived just up the road from him & passed my driving test with him. He was then living with a girl quite a bit younger than him, very slim with short dark hair. I think her name was Cath or Cathy. We lost touch when I moved away. I've managed to find out from a couple of old friends I've re-connected with that he had a daughter quite late in life with his 2nd wife, then moved to Spain when he retired, to run a bar possibly. Sadly I was told he passed away in Spain around 2010. He was only 73 yrs old. Would be great to hear from anyone remembers him.

Back