• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brooke. Brandwood End Cemetary

norfolk brummie

gone but not forgotten
I am aware that both my mothers parents: George Frederick Brooke & his wife: Elizabeth Anne Brooke, died within two weeks of each other, circa 1940, and are buried in Brandwood End Cemetery. Is there any one who can assist me in tracing their details? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Eddie

Eddie,
What `details` are you after?, would they be photographs of the grave/s because I live right near to Brandwood End and may be able to help if the location/s can be found. cresser.

Hi Janice, Yes you are correct, the records for B.E. are at the newer cemetery at Kings Norton. cresser.

Eddie,
What `details` are you after?, would they be photographs of the grave/s because I live right near to Brandwood End and may be able to help if the location/s can be found. cresser.

An unexpected offer, completely out of the blue. Thank you cresser.

Left Birmingham some 60 years ago, when I was nearly 24. I am only aware that my grand parents are buried at Brandwood End, possibly together, and I was informed, many years ago, that there was a headstone. The names that I have posted are correct, and the date of their passing is approximate. Other than that, I have no further details.

I note from the above recent posting that the B.E burial records are now held at Kings Norton.

Of course, I would greatly appreciate any photographs of their grave, but it may be a huge task.

Tomorrow, I may go onto the Kings Norton website, and see if any burial details can be found.

Should I find any details I will let you know.

In the meantime, I thank you again for your most gracious offer.

Eddie

Eddie,

The burial registers for all the Birmingham cemeteries are on microfilm to 1970 in the Library of Birmingham also, not indexed, however other than by the first letter of the surname, so you need to be fairly accurate about the death dates. I extracted all the burials for LONGMORE many years ago and they are on my website here:
https://msheppard.com/burials.htm

Maurice

The address in #3 is an email address and if you contact them they should be able to confirm the details. (I have found most Birmingham cemeteries very helpful in checking their records). The deaths were registered in Mar quarter 1940.

pjmburns: May I thank you for the contact information you gave, that has enabled me to establish the burial details of my grandparents, on my mothers side.

It has been interesting to note that they died within two months of each other, January & March 1940, and not two weeks, as I previously believed.

cresser: The grave number is: 4870, on section B16, (Eliza & George Brook). Details, as received, although the surname was definitely Brooke.

Should you find time, and are able to photograph the plot, I would be most grateful, but after 76 years, I expect that it could be well hidden, and neglected

Once again, to both the above members of the BHF website, I give my deepest thanks for all of your help.

At 83, I am unable to make the journey myself without family assistance, and it would have to be, at least, a two day visit. As with most families, our children, and grand children, are themselves, living very busy lives, but one can live in hope!!

Eddie

Cresser - not sure if you have a plan of the cemetery so am attaching one.

Attachments

• Brandwood.jpg
    Brandwood.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 16
Eddie, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I have just not had time to look at this site for a while, anyway, as I now have the details I will endeavour to locate and photograph anything that may be visible for you today - it is just a short walk for me and shouldn`t take long. I will do my best and get back to you as soon as I can.
Janice, Thank you for the cemetery plan, I do in fact have one already ( I have a few in fact, of several cemeteries), but I appreciate your help again. Cheers all, cresser.

pjmburns: May I thank you for the contact information you gave, that has enabled me to establish the burial details of my grandparents, on my mothers side.

It has been interesting to note that they died within two months of each other, January & March 1940, and not two weeks, as I previously believed.

cresser: The grave number is: 4870, on section B16, (Eliza & George Brook). Details, as received, although the surname was definitely Brooke.

Should you find time, and are able to photograph the plot, I would be most grateful, but after 76 years, I expect that it could be well hidden, and neglected

Once again, to both the above members of the BHF website, I give my deepest thanks for all of your help.

At 83, I am unable to make the journey myself without family assistance, and it would have to be, at least, a two day visit. As with most families, our children, and grand children, are themselves, living very busy lives, but one can live in hope!!

Eddie

Eddie,
I have just been up to B.E. and found the location of the grave you wanted. Unfortunately, it is completely unmarked, no headstone - nothing. I have taken 5 images of the plot and can let you have them, I personally prefer to email them as I think it is easier, if you can PM me your email address I will do that. Cheers, cresser.

If you need the grave numbers then apparently the records for Brandwood are kept at Kings Norton Cemetery. Contact them here [email protected]
My dad and grandmother are buried at brand wood end cemetery I was gonner go visit the this week so there is no office to and ask for information anymore that's terrible.

According to their website there is an office which is open daily but it sounds as if the old records are elsewhere.

Back