• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Broard Rd School Acocks Green c 1950 picture restore help needed

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
Morning everyone,

After a family get together at the week end this picture was given to me in 2 pieces.
It shows me front line right in the middle 5th from the right and the left.

I have stuck it together at the back and just hope something can be made of it.

I do not remember this picture being taken at all and at the time we lived right next door to the school.

Derek

View attachment 44291

I think this picture needs a lot of detailed work doing on the faces, I had a quick tidy up, hope to do more soon. No doubt somebody is working on this already to get a better result

Thanks so much to LLoyd & Kevkonk

for the great results on my 1st school picture, really amazing what you guys can do.
Thanks again
Derek

Hello Sparkhill lad where was the school in Broad Road as I don't remember seeing one regards Bernie

It was right next door to our house and we lived at no. 15a. The school was St Marys and dead opposite was a yard that I used to play in owned by Mr Cooper.
If you google Broad Road you will see the yard and the refurbished School which is now a church.
Did you live in this road too ??

Hi Sparkhill lad Iused to live by Yarnfield Road school and knew Broad Road fairly well for about the last 25 years and I didn't remember a school so I was just interested , I have used the Grange Club from time to time regards Bernie

Thanks Kevkonk

for a totaly brilliant job on my old picture.
What a fantastic photographic package you must have.

Sorry once again for a very late reply, not getting emails to say something has arrived for me, there is a problem on the server I believe.

Derek

Last edited:
Back