• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BRMB Radio nostalgia (history)

Apparently BRMB was launched 40 years ago today

Attachments

• BRMB_Sticker_0011c.jpg
    BRMB_Sticker_0011c.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Appreciate
Reactions: ade
Remember Les Ross' daily soap - Yesterday never comes with Miss Take & Co? - Hilarious!!

I must sort out a booklet from many years ago with Edd Doolan and Les Ross in. Also most of the staff taking part in a panto.

I remember BRMB radio use o listen to a guy at night had a real Brumie accent people would call in and his
shtick was the saying "on you bike" then he would hang up on the caller.

BRMB was a sponsor on the race team I was on, The Sun Drag Race Team the workshop was at the very end of Livery Street at the top of the hill, the driver and team owner was Tony Froome I found some old articles searching the Evening Mail sit from the 70,s, I go on a forum once in a while for old drag racing and the last time I logged on I saw where Tony had left us.

All the cars were painted stars and stipes, car names, Sundowner, Sundance, and a Corvette his wife "carol" raced Sunray , this may seem a little off topic for a history thread but back then we were the only team from Brum competing at the top level, we use to get teased because of our Brumie accents

Since leaving Brum in 84 one person I did miss was Tony Butler on a Saturday on football and the aftermatch banter with my great friend Akka ( Stan Ford )the most one eyed Villa Supporter there ever was.He lived just up the road from me in Streetly and we worked together at Fisher & Ludlow on the Jaguar .Great Times.He bought the European Cup round to my house in 82 my girl all had their photos took with it and still have them.

butler was told "on your bike". In 1984, Butler was sacked from BRMB after a row with fellow broadcaster Brian Savin, who is disabled. ... He preferred to attribute the sacking to a general falling-out with BRMB management.

Loved Les Ross and the Morning shows he presented.....also took advantage of Round the world Phone Calls when he got intouch with my cousin in Canada and we all had wonderful memories of our trainspotting days going to Tamworth..... loads of laughs and memories

Back