• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

British Newspaper Archives Birmingham & WW1

Irish Rifles 15th Battn diary is on Ancestry from Oct 1915 to May 1919 but I can't coy it for you as it is 181 pages long. Diaries are also there for 2/7th Royal Warwicks.
Did you have Alfred's pension record?

Janice
No he died 26/11/18 and was buried in an unmarked grave in south Birmingham he was married I believe he died of flu as did his father a month or so later

Are you on Ancestry? If not and you want Alfred's pension record send me a PM with an email address and I will forward it to you. I know it is him as the address is 45 Paddington street.
Janice

hello pam..just as an aside there is a very good chance that alfred knew my grandfather albert wood as he also lived in paddington st at 8 back of 12...he served in served in the royal field artillery and was one of the lucky ones who did come back safe...

lyn

hello pam..just as an aside there is a very good chance that alfred knew my grandfather albert wood as he also lived in paddington st at 8 back of 12...he served in served in the royal field artillery and was one of the lucky ones who did come back safe...

lyn
Wow that's amazing! Especially as I'm a Wood too. All Alf's family were at Paddington St including Harry (Henry Charles) who was killed in 1917 and Jack (John Norman) who survived but died in August 1921,3 weeks before his son (named for him) was born. Sadly his son died in 1941 on a bombing raid. My poor nan .

i know pam what a coincidence that is...think my family took over paddington st as i have quite a few who lived there from 1891 until the 1960s..yes the war was an awful thing..so many losses for so many families..not sure if you have already seen them pam but a couple of years back i managed to get hold of some photos of paddington st prior to demo..our nan was was of the last to leave...you will find them on the paddington st thread...

lyn

Back