• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Briscoe Family

hi there.. what years were they there...i was born in paddington st and the name briscoe rings a bell with me although not from there....do you know where they moved to after paddington st as i left there at the age of 5

lyn

Last edited:
I worked with a HARRY BRISCOE at GEC in the mid 60s ( Large Rotating Plant Sales) He lived just off Dyas road Kingstanding, about halfway down on the right from Horthorne Road lights.He went to OZ were he meet with a road accident & was killed :0(
I do not know if the was the same branch of the family but its a name you donot see very much ?

hi keith..the name alan briscoe springs to mind for me....will have to wait for APT heritage to get back to us..

lyn.

I worked with a HARRY BRISCOE at GEC in the mid 60s ( Large Rotating Plant Sales) He lived just off Dyas road Kingstanding, about halfway down on the right from Horthorne Road lights.He went to OZ were he meet with a road accident & was killed :0(
I do not know if the was the same branch of the family but its a name you donot see very much ?

Thanks, but Harry does not belong to my branch of the family as far as I know.

Regards, Ann

hi there.. what years were they there...i was born in paddington st and the name briscoe rings a bell with me although not from there....do you know where they moved to after paddington st as i left there at the age of 5

lyn

Thanks Lyn, They may have lived in Porchester St, I am waiting for confirmation on this one.

Regards, Ann

ok ann...i will await your reply...does the name alan briscoe figure in your family...

lyn

I'm the daughter of William (Bill) Briscoe died 1962-he was Deputy Lord Mayor 61-62.He was the son of William and Alma Briscoe. Grandad was one of 11 children all born in Aston.
Barb

Hi Lyn,

I do know Alan Briscoe but the branch of the family I am trying to find out more about lived at "1 Back of 66 Paddington St." from around 1927 to 1960. They were Sophia and Joseph who raised 8 children, the youngest being David born in 1927. Joseph died in 1959 and I think Sophia moved out of the area. I know it is a long shot but I was hoping someone might remember them so I could find out what life might have been like for them.

Regards

Ann

I'm the daughter of William (Bill) Briscoe died 1962-he was Deputy Lord Mayor 61-62.He was the son of William and Alma Briscoe. Grandad was one of 11 children all born in Aston.
Barb

Hi Barb,

Unfortunately I have no evidence of a William in my family tree. I can't believe there were so many unrelated Briscoe's around in Aston.

Regards

Ann

Back