• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brides through the years.

One for the fashionistas. 1937. A distant Aunt and Uncle. Ask yourself - Should they have gone to Specsavers? And those Jimmy Choos...

Dennis thats a great photo the glasses are so of the time my Mom had some. The shoes on the lady on the left are brilliant.......I love shoes!

what great photos...bill i love your wifes outfit...typical 60s and the hat is just the sort i want for my daughters wedding...

thanks for posting yours too dennis..smashing...

lyn

Ray, you have a nice looking bride, could'nt help but chuckle abouth the 7/6 fee for the marriage license l had to borrow the money to pay for Ron and mine, he was in the RAF so l had to do all the preps and runnungs around etc and we could'nt have the banns read untill it was paid....i was broke so l had to go to my dad who was'nt to happy about me getting married, ....he told every one about it and always refered the 7/6 to a dog license.... at the time thats how much it cost to own a dog.....Brenda

Ray, you have a nice looking bride, could'nt help but chuckle abouth the 7/6 fee for the marriage license l had to borrow the money to pay for Ron and mine, he was in the RAF so l had to do all the preps and runnungs around etc and we could'nt have the banns read untill it was paid....i was broke so l had to go to my dad who was'nt to happy about me getting married, ....he told every one about it and always refered the 7/6 to a dog license.... at the time thats how much it cost to own a dog.....Brenda
I once worked with a Paddy who got a black and white dog cause he thought the license would
be a bit cheaper! Bernie

Hi
RE #28
Resently got grandmothers dress out and her are some pictures. The veil in gold measures 12x8 foot and was a little tricky to photograph. The wedding dress is made of gold lame and has maintained its lustre well as the fabric tends to tarnish. Would like to find a good home for it sometime.
View attachment 61476 View attachment 61477 View attachment 61475

Annie how absolutley lovely the dress is and you are lucky to have it. If it were me a good home would be in a collection that could be displayed for all to see.

What a lovely post this is, thought I'd bring it to the top again.

First one is our wedding at Aston Church 1957. The other two are my parent's wedding Hamstead Church 1934

Last edited:
Back