• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

brick wall

kmt123

master brummie
I have had this brick wall for years and still no near breaking it down, my great gg grandfather george tustin born 1827 butlers marston warwickshire his father is a mystery, i have found a george tustin born 1777 who married susannah warr, there is also another ann warr marrying a george tustin same area a few years apart, i have looked into this and it seems ann and susannah are sisters he married them both ann died early, george died july 1931 butlers marston, i have also found a george tustin marrying a jane tustin, i can find no proper date for him, no parents or sibling, maybe a new pair of eyes could help because i can't look anymore :eek: the one problem i have is susannah warr would have been 60 when she had george so i think dates etc are all wrong?

thank kmt

MWS

master brummie
There are 3 marriages listed for Tustin in Leamington with father as George - Elizabeth in 1837, Sarah in 1838 and Hannah in 1839.

Sarah married a Thomas Brown and in 1841 they are living at Oxford St, Leamington. Amongst the other inhabitants is a Susannah Tustin. Her age is given as 60.

Assuming that she is Sarah's mother and Sarah is the younger George Tustin's sister then going by the ages given for him Susannah would have been somewhere between 43 and 47 when he was born. Old but not too old.

kmt123

master brummie
thanks bewdley but it is george who is married to susannah i am looking for, his parents or siblings

suemalings

master brummie
In your first post you say you are looking for the father of George born 1827.
bewdley's post had found a baptism for George in 1826. Parents George and Susannah.
From that (if this is your George) it would seem that your gr. gr grandfather George's parent s were George and Susannah.
Which George died in 1931? If it was George born in 1827 he would have been 104!

suemalings

master brummie
There is an entry on Family Search for the 1841 census - George Tustin age approx 13. born approx 1828. He MAY be in a household with George Woolison, Sarah Woolison and children Sarah and Joseph. I say maybe because this could just be a listing and not the full residents of the household. The birthplace is Milverton, Leamington.

Found another entry. George Tustin, born Butlers Marston, spouse Maria Tustin, children, Joseph, Annie Maria, Jane, William, Frederick. then there is other Sarah Tustin. This is the 1881 census. Just looked at the 1881 in Ancestry. Sarah is recorded as the niece of George (the Head).

pjmburns

master brummie
There is an incorrect transcription. The death of George Tustin should be 1831 - it is recorded in the parish reg as being 1831 and age 44.

Attachments

• 1571779343806.png
    1571779343806.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 8

kmt123

master brummie
thank you all, can anyone see the parents of george who married susannah warr in 1806, he also married her sister ann warr in 1795 but ann warr died in 1803, i have searched for any parent or sibling and nothing for sure ever comes up?

kerry

MWS

master brummie
It's difficult to be certain of anything with him dying before the censuses. He could have been born anywhere.

However there is a family tree on familysearch that gives his birth as 1777 Hanbury, the son of Robert and Ann. No idea if this right and they list his baptism as taking place in 1788 which though possible would be a concern.

kmt123

master brummie
yes i saw that one but i was concerned at the dates someone did say they thought the handwriting on the death was mistranscibed and should be aged 64 not 44 has if you look at the other 6's on the page they are the same and he would have been born in 1787 which would make the marriage to ann warr impossible