• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brian the Watch

W

Wendy

Hi Jean I have replied here so as not to disrupt the thread. I know Brian was well known at the Birmingham Market but as you said it has changed a lot and I think it would be difficult now with all the cheap imports. I didn't know Brian and Carla well but saw them several times at our Caravan site in Llanrystud nr Aberystwyth. I used to be very involved with a big fund raising event we did every year. Brian would always donate some watches. It was a fantastic day for all the family and we used to raise quite a lot of money. One year we did it for the local lifeboat and they brought the boat up to our beach it was really good. We were and still are great friends with Pat and Byron who I know were friends of Brian and Carla. I hope they are both keeping well.

Last edited by a moderator:
We met up two weeks ago Wendy at Carlas moms funeral. She was a goog old age and although very upsetting for Carla it was somewhat a relief. Brenda had suffered for some time. Will give them a bell tonight if they are at home. I think they will be down the van on Monday. Some photo's of Brians 65th party and my mad grandchildren. Bye. Jean.

Hi Wendy. Brian and Carla have been in Grand Canaria for two weeks and just got back today. They send their regards and remember you from Wales. Brian said "did Mike work as a bus driver"?. Forgot to tell you that Carla has gone blind in one eye. Been in touch with Keith about sky blue 62 joining the snug. [my neice Helen] Posted for the first time today. Bye. Jean.

Hello Jean I am sorry to hear Carla has lost the sight of an eye. I do hope they are both OK and had a good holiday. Yes Michael was a conductor and driver at Washwood Heath Garage. I am pleased to hear your niece has joined us.

Back