• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brennan Winifred B 1891

well janice it could well be as its only round the corner from the old reg office which makes sense...looking at it again i dont think its taken outside a church..more a monument or building

lyn

Janice, it looks very much like it. And it's also known as the Chamberlain memorial, which is why I had Hall of Memory in my mind.
It's just up from Edmund St. too, AND I've just seen a entry on Pinterest that says their Grandparents' wedding photos were taken there!
By jove, I think you've got it!:D

It's a brilliant site. I've always wondered where the wedding photos were taken, and just assumed it was somewhere now demolished. Next time I'm in that area I'll have a better look, if it's not boarded up. It'll be a special place for me now.:) Thank you.

lynn we are always happy to help out..a lot of us have already spent many years researching our own ancestors so helping others is not only rewarding but it keeps the little grey cells working:D

lyn

lynn we are always happy to help out..a lot of us have already spent many years researching our own ancestors so helping others is not only rewarding but it keeps the little grey cells working:D

lyn
Well, you've started something now, Lynn. I've got so many unanswered questions, it'll be a full time job! It's good to find facts out from censuses etc but seeing maps and identifying photos makes it so much more real, doesn't it?

totally agree with you lynn..i have found many photos of the streets and roads where my lot once lived including the one where i was born which i admit when i saw them bought tears to my eyes.. its just like walking in their footsteps....

The stonework looked familiar and as I don't know "old" Birmingham it had to be somewhere still there and obvious. As I know by the town hall from library visits I guessed. I also used a map from 1955 to see where the registry office was.

Hello Lynn
I'm not very good using this site. I replied to you the same day asking for your email but heard nothing. Have very many family photos that I can send you but have found out how to attach to the forum. Here is one of Winifred at Barmouth in August 1951, coach trip I expect. On the left is my grandmother Martha Brennan formerly Brennan nee Higginson. On the left of Winifred is Mary Higginson formerly Medlicott nee Huxley, step mother to Martha.
Steven

1632836160283.jpeg

Hello Lynn
I'm not very good using this site. I replied to you the same day asking for your email but heard nothing. Have very many family photos that I can send you but have found out how to attach to the forum. Here is one of Winifred at Barmouth in August 1951, coach trip I expect. On the left is my grandmother Martha Brennan formerly Brennan nee Higginson. On the left of Winifred is Mary Higginson formerly Medlicott nee Huxley, step mother to Martha.
Steven

View attachment 161947
Hi Steve, Winnifred is my Great Grandmother (Lynn my 2nd cousin). My family were so happy to see these photos. If you have anymore we would love to see them. Sam

Back