• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BRADLEY in Bordsley

smallheathexplorer

master brummie
I'm looking for relatives of Ada Rebecca Bradley (1887-1982) b Birmingham, lived for many years in Cattel Rd, Bordesley. Her parents were Thomas Bradley and Mary Jane (nee Pountney), married 1880 in Aston district. Thomas was a bedstead stock fitter at the time of the marriage. Living at 6 Albert Terrace, Bordesley in 1891 and 210 Bolton Rd, Bordesley in 1901.
Ada's siblings were: Thomas Harry b1881, Eliza b1882 (m Charles Grenham), Wilfred b1890, Beatrice b1897, Lilian b1898, Harold b1900. Also possibly Amy Elizabeth b1893 d1894.
I have the marriage certificate for William Edward Adams (b1888) and Ada Rebecca Bradley (b1887), married 30/01/1915. He was lodging at her parents' house in Bordesley at the time of the marriage, I have no idea where he was born. His father is recorded as Charles Frederick Adams, a miller journeyman, no idea where he was born either.
I am particularly interested to find out more about Ada's siblings - marriages and chilren. Please contact me with any info you may have.

Last edited:
Back