• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bradley [Bradders]

Hi GG Jean ,
Well doesn't he look a bobby dazzler,i have being trying to reply to this thread but as soon as i go by the computer Raff jumps on my lap as if to say this is my time. We are hoping to get Raff another hair cut for the winter as at the moment he looks like a miniture sheepdog ,haha but i dont like it when he has all his hair shorn, so this time i will ask for them to leave it a bit longer. TTFN good to here from you :)

Lizy we have ours done with some coat left on as he looks too bare with it all off. Am so glad you gave him such a good home. Jean.:wave:

It is a year today since the Betty Clements died the elderly lady who used to walk him every day. She died alone in her house and was not missed for a week. How sad is that?. Jean.:(

cant believe its been a year since you told us about this sad story. the one good thing to come out of it is that bradley has got a lovely home and is very happy. thats what betty would have wanted

Another good thing Chris is Betty's close friend who was in hospital when she died took the trouble to find out our address and writes to us. I am going to phone her later today. Jean.

Jean. Sorry to hear about Betty. She knew Brad. had a good home. It was kind of her friend to let you know of her passing. Miriam.

Sorry to say Brads girlfriend Rosie who lived next door had to be put to sleep yesterday. Her owner Joan had to go and sleep round her daughters house last night as she was totally devastated. Brad keeps going to the little hole in the fence to see where his little friend is and I am sure he knows she won't be there any more. Animals know more than we give them credit. RIP Rosie. Jean.

What sad news Jean.
I know that animals grieve Jean.
Busby was so depressed after Katie went he went off his food and just lay about and now he is the complete opposite chasing around with Alice even though there is 10 years between them.
I also know how your neighbour feels,I still shed tears at the memory of Katie.
I read recently that some people are affected more by the loss of a pet than the loss of a family member and in some cases I can believe it because we spend so much time with our pets.

RIP Rosie,over the Rainbow Bridge.

Alberta Rosie was like your Katie a very tiny Yorkie. We have just dropped Brad off to be cut and Rosie and Joan were due to come with us. He didn't want to get out of the car when we arrived and that is unusual. An elderly lady looks after your dogs when they are done in her living room and when I told her about Rosie she was in tears too. She looked after Rosie while Joan went on holidays. They told me that last week another lady lost her two dogs within days of one another and like Joan she lives alone and their houses must feel very empty. Pete is going to bury her ashes along with Jack who has been in the wardrobe for fifteen years. He told Joan to buy a rose or plant and he will put it in for her. Jean.

This is sad news, i also think dogs are so sensitive more then we know (poor Bradders). I bet he is upset because routine is so important to them ,and he will feel the loss through every-body else .

have only just seen this jean, sorry to hear the sad news. i hope joan (and brad) feel better soon. thats a good idea to have a rose planted to remember rosie

Brad soon got over Rosie after we bought him a pink Teddy bear. He carries it all over the house and attempts to take him upstairs but it is twice the size of himself. Latest photo's of him on his holidays last week. Jean.

Hello Bradders - what a lovely little dog you are - perhaps you can visit next time!!!!!!

Had an uncle who raced Pigeons - do people do that these days.? ? Miriam.

We will bring him with us next time Miriam. I think they do race pigeons still but more in the black country. Jean.

Beautiful dog jean...sorry to hear about your friend pastin away.... brad is a luck pup to have you be there for him

Miriam they do race pigeons still especially in the Black Country. Can we bring him to your new flat Miriam?. Thanks Annie he is getting better by the day thank goodness. Lovely to have you back on the forum!!!.

Hi Miriam sorry I missed your post. Hope you are able to get on the forum more now?. It was a laugh when Brad thought your black bull was a black cat.

Back