• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bracebridge Street

RRJ

master brummie
Another photo for you Bob. I wonder if you recognise these
Unfortunately my memory is too hazy for me to remember exact locations Michael.
I do remember lots of gaps in the streets where houses would have stood but now rubble plies. A great place for boys to have adventures
Thanks for posting your family pictures.

Bob

brummy-lad

master brummie
Amazing survivors John. I wonder what happened to the old Traction engine that was in the park?

Bob
Bob, I'm sure the engine has been mentioned on one of the threads somewhere but I can't remember what was said, never actually saw it myself (other than in pictures), I lived in Parliament Street and went to Burlington Street school.

RRJ

master brummie

Thanks so much for posting these images Barr_Beacon, I also loved playing on this old girl! although she's looking a bit worse for wear at this point. Looks like someone has been trying to fire her up. :grinning:
I can't imagine the 'fun police' allowing anything like this being installed in a playground today.

Great memories! :grinning:

Bob