• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bracebridge Street

Thanks so much for posting these images Barr_Beacon, I also loved playing on this old girl! although she's looking a bit worse for wear at this point. Looks like someone has been trying to fire her up. :grinning:
I can't imagine the 'fun police' allowing anything like this being installed in a playground today.

Great memories! :grinning:

Bob

Hi Michael & thanks for the welcome.
Yes, I was the oldest child of four but still only a nipper myself (born 1956) Went to William Cowper infants and Elkington Juniors also, so only remember a few children's names from the time living there.
I have a photo of me and a few neighbouring kids who used to play in the back yards which I'll dig out and attempt to post.

Cheers Bob.
Hi would you remember the skeldings of bracebridge street

hi michael if you mean brian skelding he is a member of this forum although has not posted for a few years...brian lives in canada but a few years ago he and his wife came over to england and a few of us met up with them for a drink and a chat...if you read this thread from the beginning there are a few photos of brians visit

lyn

hi michael if you mean brian skelding he is a member of this forum although has not posted for a few years...brian lives in canada but a few years ago he and his wife came over to england and a few of us met up with them for a drink and a chat...if you read this thread from the beginning there are a few photos of brians visit

lyn
Hi Lyn yes I know Brian skelding he's a relative. His dad harry and my great grandad joe were very close. Was wondering if anyone had any photos of the street back in the 1960s for my mom who lived on bracebridge street. I will look at the thread thank you

hi michael i guessed you must be a rellie of brian...hope he is ok...as said if you start reading this thread from post 1 you wont miss the old photos of the street...enjoy

lyn

Hello all, just seen this chat and there is Janet, Thresa, Veronica, Gillian McCormack still going strong. Peter McCormack passed away 4 years ago and Kenny McCormack passed away. We still see Anita York our cousin and Pauline, June, Dorothy and Pamela Vernon and they are all still going strong. I remember baby sitting for Anne O’Brian. Lovely family she worked hard to bring up that family on her own. It was lovely to see all of these messages so I just thought to give you all an update.
Veronica

Hi All. I'm wondering if anyone would have any information on a lady that lived at No. 72 in the 50s, her name was Margaret June Shields, but we believe she became Margaret June Benton in later years. I'm helping my wife track back her family and we believe Margaret could be her grandmother, so are keen to find out any details we can (be it of Margaret or any of her close family, as Margaret would be 88 at this point if she is still alive). Any help will be greatly appreciated :).

so are keen to find out any details we can (be it of Margaret or any of her close family, as Margaret would be 88 at this point if she is still alive). Any help will be greatly appreciated :).

I can see a few things - her father appears to have died about the time she was born and her mother when she was just 2 - but it may be better to start a thread under the surnames section. Should get more notice there.

Back