• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bournville Open Air Lido

Thank you for posting up the aerial photo of the Lido site. Gosh how things change. I can see now - getting bearings from the direction of the road where this pool would have been located. All I remember was a very leafy lane with the entrance to the pool adjacent to this. Gosh, the Lido hosted important swimming events even with International status. They were very happy days in my young childhood. The warm balmy summer days with just birdsong and fresh air. Now what do we get? I suppose my childhood memories would be far different to an adults memory at that time however.

My children take their children to Droitwich spa Lido so Lido's are still enjoyed, ita a pity so many have dissapeared.

That's a pity Anne that the Cadbury/Bournville lido was removed. But at least the Pavilion remains. Thanks for posting as I never knew about the lido. Viv.

Back