• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Boulton Road (Boulton County) Primary School, Handsworth

P

Premo

Boulton Road Junior and infants school sports day at the uplands playing fields at the top of Rookery Road Handsworth, May 1956.
Did you go to this school or do you recognise any one?

That’s ok Jackie

I also have two or thee photos of the school panto around the same year, if you would like to see them let me know.
On the subject of the School sports day, I remember a lot of the faces in the photo and also their names, that’s me at the front with the white shirt on, lollipop and the basin hair cut, and if my memory serves me correctly wearing a pair of bracers with pictures of cowboys on them.

David

Another one from Boulton Rd School 1957/8
The photo was taken by me on a schools day out around Birmingham about 1957/8
I think the ladies name was Mrs Hessian, I cannot remember the mans name but I do remember he was Welsh and took sports lessons, if you went to this school about 1957
And you can remember his name please let me know, cus it’s bugging me.

did anyone you know go to this school between 1964 to 1970? love to hear from you:)

Premo, I wonder if they have a sports day now, and if any body has a photo it would be nice to compair the two side by side if you know what I mean.

I went to Boulton Rd School between 1968 and 1972 until we moved. I used to live in Nineveh Road. I remember playing for the school football team run by a Mr Wright (he had very thick glasses) I remember some of the teachers. Miss or Mrs Davies in Infants, Mr Davies the Headmaster, Mr Neal one of my teachers in Juniors and I think Deputy Head and Mrs Lewis my last teacher before I left to go to Grestone Avenue, Mrs Lewis was working at Waterstones in B'ham until recently.

Rob Wright

Hi, does anyone know where I can gain online access to photos, admission lists or stories about this school during the 1950s please?

Hi Journocy

I have these two photos of the school and one of Handsworth New Rd - Boulton Road at the front of the school, might they be of some use to you, although I believe the school is still open you could try contacting them.

Attachments

• Handsworth Boulton Rd School.jpg
    Handsworth Boulton Rd School.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Handsworth Handsworth New Rd School.JPG
    Handsworth Handsworth New Rd School.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Handswoth Handsworth New Rd 1956.jpg
    Handswoth Handsworth New Rd 1956.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 23
Hi Journocy

I have these two photos of the school and one of Handsworth New Rd - Boulton Road at the front of the school, might they be of some use to you, although I believe the school is still open you could try contacting them.

Thanks, Phil.
That's brilliant and gives me a very good start

Boulton Road Junior and infants school sports day at the uplands playing fields at the top of Rookery Road Handsworth, May 1956.
Did you go to this school or do you recognise any one?

Is this picture still available here? I can see a Paper Clip with the words 'attached thumbnails' but there's nothing I can open?

Cheers.

Hi journocy and welcome. most pre 2011 photos are no longer available due to the forum being hacked back then, before my time but i think thats the case.

Hi.
Does anyone remember me from the 1950s? My user name, Anne Green, is my maiden name. I'm 76 and have lived in Australia since 1969. My memory is really bad and I can't remember anyone's name but I think I would if I saw some of them.

I went to Boulton Rd School between 1968 and 1972 until we moved. I used to live in Nineveh Road. I remember playing for the school football team run by a Mr Wright (he had very thick glasses) I remember some of the teachers. Miss or Mrs Davies in Infants, Mr Davies the Headmaster, Mr Neal one of my teachers in Juniors and I think Deputy Head and Mrs Lewis my last teacher before I left to go to Grestone Avenue, Mrs Lewis was working at Waterstones in B'ham until recently.

Rob Wright
Hi Robby63, I went to Boulton Road School on Boulton Road (and Babington Road entrance) and the back of the school was on Dora Road between 1968-1970, I think. I remember Mr Wright, Mr Davis the Headmaster, he became a magistrate, Mrs Lewis I remembered because when I left school she was doing '0' Level GSE History with me in evening classes at Holte School, I think. Boulton Road was a multi racial mixed school when I went there. Most pupils there went to Handsworth Wood Boys and Girls School, Handsworth New Road, William Murdock. About 5 pupils made it to Camp Hill Grammar School, George Dixon GS, Handsworth GS. I recalled Mr Davis was very, very pleased to have produced such intelligent pupils and told everyone in assembly.

Rob Wright
Rob Wright!

There is a blast from the past! My name is Andy Roberts and I to started at Boulton Road in 1968. You and me used to hang out occasionally-we used to go to your house after school and as I remember your mom had an office attached to the house? We used to go after school and hang out a little. But then I do remember you left. Mr Liu, the deputy headmaster as I remember acting headmaster of times, Mr Peacock was the headmaster until I left in 74.

I used to play in the cricket team and I can’t remember the name of the teacher who used to look after the team-but I remember he had leather patches is on his jacket elbows! Had a bearf and smoke a pipe.

I remember Mrs lewis. She used to drive a Volkswagen beetle. She would sometimes pick me up at the bus stop in Rookery Road Handsworth

We lived at 19 Mary’s Road-just down from the school

Back