• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bosward Family Grave Sites

Hi again, I just had a quick look and they are both in public graves not indidvidual ones but at least you can find the plots on the maps.
rosie.

HI Rosie & Everyone on the forum;

Just to let you know what a fantastic website Home is for the Key Hill & Wanstone Cemeteries.:joy:
There are hundreds of names & dates and all kinds of interesting information about the great city of Birmingham :D

Now I found my two Bosward brothers,Walter & Herbert their grave # section letter & number. I Have their DOB & DOD so I will add it to my Find a Grave memorial page and hope a kind volunteer may find them and take a picture.:joy:
Unfortunately Herbert is in a Public grave with '76' internments and Walter may be in one too asthere are 'O' internments at his location.
I'm not sure which Herbert he is I'm sure I'll find him in my files,however I do have a Rev.Stanley Herbert Bosward Wesleyan Minister.(b) Summercoates Lincolnshire 27July1890 who was a Granson of another minister in Denbighshire Wales . these guy's were all over the place.:rolleyes: so hope there is a connection somewhere.

The interesting part of theses cemeteries Rosie is they were founded by a Wesleyan minister John Wesley of Key Hill
opened in 1836 and resting place of so many famous Birmingham people.

Will keep in touch with you all,thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Janey.( today is --28 C. freezing,,,it snows every night & day,,,Yuk):eek:

HI Guy's;:)

Here I am back after a stint of researching my Bosward family files:confused: and to let you all know as promised that I had some fantastic help from a friendly volunteer on Find a Grave who went way out on a limb and went to Witton Cem. and found all my family grave sites. he has posted the ones who are in public graves:worried: which has dozens of other interments. I can't
believe they would not have had money to bury the family in their own grave some of them were Wesleyan Ministers:rolleyes:
My volunteer did find one minister Samuel Thomas with a headstone and some family members buried with him but that is all, however I am grateful to him for finding their resting place regardless. There are two buried Key Hill & another cemetery and they are buried in public graves also. he did not find my father in law's parents buried anywhere in Witton or the other cemeteries I have sent him info where they lived in Smethwick Staffs when my father in law was born 1898 so he has sent me a website to write for info of Smethwick death & burials.:confused: so I will keep you all in the loop as to when & where I find the Bosward clan burials.

Thank you all for your help & ideas very much appreciated. :D

kind regards

Janey (freezing,snowy, messy Canada the country has gone to the dogs:oops:)

Back