• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Boseley pie shop 33 & 34 Congreve Street

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
I am starting this thread on behalf of member Ray Evason who’s seeking information about Arthur Boseley’s pie shop. He asks:

My mother worked in Arthur Bosley's pie shop,at 33 and 34 Congreve st around 1920, is there any information or pictures of his pie shop?

Thanks for this information Alan,it could be the same property,and shows it was. Still there in 1929.
I have just found a great picture of a group of shops in Congreve street in 1936 on the pinterest site,reference :- Congreve street Birmingham,England,west midlands 70th birthday pinterest,I have downloaded this great picture onto my tablet,but don't know how to put it on this site,can other members do this,some of the shops have for sale and closing down sales notice's,so the picture is just prior to demolition,it shows Henry Borgen,tobacconist,at 31 and 32,with Bosley's pie shop next door at 33 to 34 Congreve street,I can now imagine my 27 year old mother to be,walking through those doors!!!,the shop was open to very late,and Mr Bosley,arranged for transport to take my mother home,after midnight,when all the trams had stopped running.

Last edited:
Back