• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Green Road

Mrs Bear 51

master brummie
My fathers family lived at 47 Bordesley Green Road for many, many years.

This picture was passed to me, I have no idea what year it was taken, but I thought it might be of interest to others.

If you look closely - you can see an arrow pointing at one of the houses - that was the family home!

Thank you.

Mrs Bear. Bordesley Green Road.jpeg

I wonder if that photo is in this thread?
As the milk cart is lettered MCD it ought to be. ;)

Radiorails - Do you want me to put it there for all to see?

I have no copyright interest in the image as I clearly didn't take it and the other side of it is a postcard format, so I imagine it was in wide circulation.

With respect, Mrs. B, I believe the photo by Lyn (Astoness) is preferable as it has more definition. But at least your photo has drawn attention to both photos. :)

My fathers family lived at 47 Bordesley Green Road for many, many years.

This picture was passed to me, I have no idea what year it was taken, but I thought it might be of interest to others.

If you look closely - you can see an arrow pointing at one of the houses - that was the family home!

Thank you.

Mrs Bear. View attachment 145100
From another forum it was commented that the opening between the houses, just below the lamppost, became an entrance to Hughes Biscuit Factory & the cafe near the arrow was called the 'Colmore Cafe'

If that's true is the photo below the same road from a different angle?

Hughes Biscuit Factory.jpg

The original sepia picture of Bordesley Green Road is nowhere near Hughes Biscuit Factory, the picture is taken at the top of the road near Bordesley Green cross roads. The gap between the houses is still there and the next gap is where Bordesley Green Technical School used to be.
Boomy

Back