• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Green Fire Station

hi folks if possible could members who posted photos on this thread kindly re post them please

many thanks

lyn

I think its so sad when I read the posts on our forum and realise there are so many photos that have been lost. I hope like you Lyn some may be reposted as time goes by, Wendy

hi wendy yes we lost over 66000 images when the forum was hacked by some idiot in 2011...many thousands have been replaced since then by the original posters and moderators if they still have them and are of course still members of the forum...but we are gettng there:)

lyn

I know it's a long shot to get the photos back on as it has been a lot of years since they were on here. Hopefully someone will. Fingers crossed. X

nice set of photos phil thanks also looks like the photo on post 14 has also been replaced

lyn

Were donkeys used to pull fire engines or other equipment in place of WW1 requisitioned horses ? Or did they carry out other duties ? Jenny looks like she might be carrying post perhaps? Not sure.

Screenshot_20231117_072055_Chrome.jpg

I had a friend whose family lived in the flats of Bordesley Green Fire Station, during 1945 1954.
Also I delivered Birmingham Mail to the Station desk who USED TO GIVE ME A PIECE OF TOAST MOST MORNINGS.
also delivered to The Police Station next door the toast there was also very good.
Imperial Road is where I lived at number 73.

Ernie Bird

I had a friend whose family lived in the flats of Bordesley Green Fire Station, during 1945 1954.
Also I delivered Birmingham Mail to the Station desk who USED TO GIVE ME A PIECE OF TOAST MOST MORNINGS.
also delivered to The Police Station next door the toast there was also very good.
Imperial Road is where I lived at number 73.

Ernie Bird

Attachments

• Bordesley Green - Fire & police Stations (3).jpg
    Bordesley Green - Fire & police Stations (3).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 9
Tram 327, which survived until 1950, is seen on the 84 route to Stechford. I would think the photo is early post WW2.
The route it took was via Digbeth and Coventry Road.The other tram route to Stechford was the 90. This went via Fazeley Street and Garrison Lane. The two routes met at Bordesley Green Road.

Back