• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Book: Saltley, Duddeston & Nechells Images of England series

Rosary_Boy

master brummie
anyone know where u can buy the original books the first book not the reprints which I think are abit of poor quality in photos
any help please, am looking for the Saltley, Duddestion, Nechells one

thanks

There are quite a number of sites with these books for sale but I wouldn't know if they were originals or not.

Janice

The problem is as 2001 was the first publication Rosary Boy will need to find one with that date as the only date on the fly leaf of the book unlike my own in the example I have attached which is obviously a 2006 edition. The problem is he might pay extra for a first edition.

phil01.jpg

Last edited:
Look up Brewin books and Alton Douglas, his books are excellent, photographs stunning. I have every one of them and refer to them constantly.
Good luck,
Bryan.

Rosaryboy

In addition to what I have said before, I believe the actual ISBN number for the first edition book you are looking for is,

ISBN:9780752422794

Janice

The problem is as 2001 was the first publication Rosary Boy will need to find one with that date as the only date on the fly leaf of the book unlike my own in the example I have attached which is obviously a 2006 edition. The problem is he might pay extra for a first edition.

View attachment 129341
yeah the reprint books the photos are not as good so its the original first copy I collect lol

Rosaryboy

In addition to what I have said before, I believe the actual ISBN number for the first edition book you are looking for is,

ISBN:9780752422794
Thanks phil is this the Saltley, Duddestion, Nechells first copy book?

rsz_dsc00786.jpgrsz_dsc00786.jpg these are the original books with red round the front cover, so if anyone has IMAGES OF ENGLAND,
Saltley, Duddestion, Nechells to sell let me know please

Rosary Boy,

In these days of "print on demand", it's all done electronically and there shouldn't be any difference in quality. This should apply to any book first published in the 21st century and probably the last two years of the 20th century.

Maurice

Rosary Boy,

In these days of "print on demand", it's all done electronically and there shouldn't be any difference in quality. This should apply to any book first published in the 21st century and probably the last two years of the 20th century.

Maurice
yes the reprint book the photos are not clear like the ones in the original first copy books
so am looking for the first copy with red round front cover

Rosary boy

I have a 2002 reprint of the Moseley Balsall Heath and Highgate Images of England book that was originally published in 1996 and this has a red rim to the title plate. Though as you say all the rest of my booked with the red rim are first editions.

Attachments

• phil01.jpg
    phil01.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 10
  • phil01_0001.jpg
    phil01_0001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
Rosary boy

I have a 2002 reprint of the Moseley Balsall Heath and Highgate Images of England book that was originally published in 1996 and this has a red rim to the title plate. Though as you say all the rest of my booked with the red rim are first editions.
yes these are the originals a lot u can buy on ebay, but its the saltley one am looking for as am from Saltley

yes these are the originals a lot u can buy on ebay, but its the saltley one am looking for as am from Saltley

No what I am saying is that the copy of the book I have is not an original as it was reprinted in 2002 when the original was published in 1996 yet it still has the red edge on the front cover. So your theory about having that red edge does not hold true. The only way to tell a first edition is by looking at the published date on the fly leaf. If it only has the first published year then it is an original.

Back