• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Book : Birmingham Women Margaret Green

M

maryrose

Hi, I have a great book called Birmingham Women by a lady called Margaret Green. Its full of photos and info on the women who lived in Birmingham and who played their part in its history. It has pictures of ammunition factories, the Jewelry quarter, the workhouse, domestic servants, the war effort, the crips factory etc etc.Its a really inspiring read and i showed it to my daughter who is amazed.
If anyone has any other books they can recommend then im interested in old photos.
Cheers.

there is a whole series of these books of all different aspects of Birmingham trades and social history most can be purchased from a good book shop or Birmingham central library

Maryrose, My hubby is a fanatic with these books...............He always asks for these books about BIRMINGHAM for his birthday, Fathers Day etc, he has quite a collection. Jackie

Back