• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bon Matin Perfumes

WelshBrummie03

knowlegable brummie
Hey all, I couldn't locate a thread for Birmingham businesses solely, so I guessed this would be the best place to put this enquiry.

Basically about a year ago my nan (now in her 90s) discovered unopened Christmas presents from her mother, who died in 1987, thus they had been wrapped and stored prior to this time (no clue when). In one package, there were soaps and bath cubes labelled 'Bon Matin Perfumes, Division of M.C.S Birmingham,' I am wondering if anyone has any information on this company. I checked online but couldn't discover anything useful. Can upload photos of packaging if anybody is interested in seeing.

Thanks so much.

No. the Kellys reference was just becuase I was checking if MCS was listed in Birmingham then, and apparently it was not . It does not give much information, but was just informing you.

Great pictures and wonderful iconic labelling. I notice the products showed the weight in grams and not ounces. It makes me wonder if they were made with export sales in mind or if they were manufactured after imperial weights were banned by the EU?

I couldn't resist chiming in with my two cents on Bon Matin Perfumes.
Bon Matin Perfumes was a division of M.C.S Birmingham, a company that produced cosmetics and toiletries in the UK. Unfortunately, it looks like the company is no longer in operation, so it might be tough to track down any more information. However, I'm sure there are plenty of vintage fragrance enthusiasts out there who would love to see photos of the packaging you mentioned.
You can also take a look at https://www.decantx.com/. They've got a massive selection of high-end perfumes and colognes that are perfect for fragrance enthusiasts.

Last edited:
MCS stood for Midlands Cosmetic sales. And was once run from under spaghetti Junction.

I couldn't resist chiming in with my two cents on Bon Matin Perfumes.
Bon Matin Perfumes was a division of M.C.S Birmingham, a company that produced cosmetics and toiletries in the UK. Unfortunately, it looks like the company is no longer in operation, so it might be tough to track down any more information. However, I'm sure there are plenty of vintage fragrance enthusiasts out there who would love to see photos of the packaging you mentioned.
You can also take a look at https://www.decantx.com/. They've got a massive selection of high-end perfumes and colognes that are perfect for fragrance enthusiasts.
Thank you both for additional information :)

Back