• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bombing - Victoria Grove, Ashley Street 19/11/1940

Duck57

Brummie babby
I am trying to locate any photographs of the damage to Victoria Grove / Ashley Street after the bombing on the night of 19th November 1940.

My Great Grandparents were lucky to survive but had to move out following the damage.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to find photographs I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Jason

I'll reply to myself, but the information may be useful to others.

Birmingham archives have an excellent set of photographs, indexed by street. I managed to find a photo of Victoria Grove after the bomb damage in this.

J

I would also love to find an image, my family's home was flattened and they were buried in the cellar, fortunately the locals knew them, and knew where they would be so dug them out! All survived

There is a photo of bomb damage in this archive https://www.shoothill.com/demo/warwickshire-photographic-survey-deep-zoom/
Search for Benacre ....
encouragement.png

Ty some much for this image, it is harrowing, I cant image how they survived let alone how they were dug out...where do you begin digging? OldMohawk you are the best!

Back