• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bomb sites in WWW2

sistersue61

master brummie
I'm sure someone will be able to help with this query - was Newton Road in Sparkhill bombed during WW2? My mom-in-law and her parents were living there in 1939 but by 1945 had moved to Belchers Lane and I wondered if they had moved because they were bombed out or just because they wanted to move.
Thanks for any help anyone can give
Sue

Morning Sue, Newton Rd was bombed on 25/08/1940 & 03/12/1940. Len.

Last edited:
Hi both
Sorry for the delay in replying, have not been on computer due to my own social activity - it's usually my sons!!
Thanks for the info, that could answer a lot of questions and will try to confirm with mom next time we see her.
Kat, hadn't seen that site before, it's really good!
Sue

Are there any maps showing where bombs where dropped during ww2 in Birmingham all area's,and is it possible to purchase them,my wife's grandmother was bombed out from Wrentham Street and rehoused in Cliveden Road behind another bomb site.

Hi Kat

I opened this link out of curiosity as I am looking for information about my Grandfather who was said to be in the Fire Service in WWII. I didn't find that information but I did find other information I have been searching for and it lead to more links and info for my family tree

Thank You

Shirley

Back