• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bolton Road, Sparkbrook

The 1965 Kellys directory, which would refer to 1964, states that I J Watkiss was at a fried fish shop at 11 Sheaf Lane

The 1965 Kellys directory, which would refer to 1964, states that I J Watkiss was at a fried fish shop at 11 Sheaf Lane
Thanks Mike! That is correct. Although my Grandad died in 1952 and I know at one point she had a number of restaurants/chippies after he passed away. I'm guessing she had sold Bolton Rd by '64/65 though.

Horace Watkiss is listed in the 1946 Kellys (which would refer to 1945) as having a Dining rooms there, but by the 1947 edition it was run by someone else.

Horace Watkiss is listed in the 1946 Kellys (which would refer to 1945) as having a Dining rooms there, but by the 1947 edition it was run by someone else.
Wow thanks Mike! I hope to find a photo one day. If I do I will post it here.

Sorry to jump in on this thread too, my grandparents lived at 262 Boulton Road, their surname was Askey, l know we had a few more relatives called Taylor who lived there as well

Back