• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bolton Road Small Heath Social/Working Man's Club?

John Young

master brummie
Can anyone recall a Social or Working Man's club on Bolton Road in Small Heath ?

Did it have a "nick name ?" some thing like "The Lanes" and if so,,why called so ?

Thanks in advance, John:cupcake:

There was a club just down from the Bolton pub it was the Deritend ex Service Club there was also a club opposite the Bolton which was the Railway club can't remember either having a nickname but someone else might
Bernie

Thanks Berniew,,, The Deritend ex Service Club was the one I was after,

Quite a way,,Mile and half ? Bolton Road (Small Heath) from Deritend side Digbeth etc,, anyone know if /when it moved there?
Thanks again John

Hi,
Do any of you good folk happen to have a map of Bolton Road showing Richmond Terrace.
Just found out that I had a relative living in Richmond Terrace, and the maps I have only show Bolton Road?
Regards,
Ray.

Richmond terrace is at the golden hillock road end of bolton road., as shown on this map

G_H_Road_end_bolton_road.jpg

When I lived in Small Heath in the late 70s Deritend ex Service Club was in Regent Park Road. It was in a fairly new building then, might have been in Bolton Road originally.

My dad run the Deritend for a while in the late 60s, I can remember leaving in the early hours of the morning to go home further down the Bolton Road with my parents and brother and the baby in the pram.

Back