• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bolton Albert

theodore

master brummie
Albert Bolton b.1884 abt. Leighton Buzzard, Beds. Any information for where he was working/living in 1911. Was he married at this time?

Regards

Peter

Re: Albert Bolton

Peter, Albert Bolton married Mildred Roberts in 1908 in Leighton Buzzard. On the 1911 they appear to be in Rhonnda, Wales.
He is a Miner Underground and Army Pensioner. They have had 2 children born alive but one had died. The living one is Reuben George aged 2.
Lynne.

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for the information regarding Albert Bolton. His age would fit and being ex Army also but place for birth does not. Albert was bon Leighton Buzzard, Beds and I have only found one Albert Bolton on FreeBMD site for LB. The marriage details for 1908 also fit in with info obtained, again from FreeBMD site. Could it be an error on the census returns.

Regards

Peter

Hi Theodore, The place for birth on the 1911 that Lynne found is Buckinghamshire, Parish Wing. If you look at the Freebmd record and click on Leighton B and then on where it says click "here" it shows you the areas included under Leighton B and Wing is on there. LB also spans Beds and Bucks..hope this helps

Peter, I had the same results as Lynne too, so could be a misreading of the census by the transciber or an error in the info given by whoever gave the details to the enumerator - or even miscomprehension on his part.
As you say, there is only one Albert Bolton born in Leighton Buzzard, so looks as if a recording error is the answer. Will have another look tomorrow, mentime have you tried looking on familysearch.org too?
Sue

sistersue61...I'm confused ? it looks right to me ..or maybe I'm missing something (it's been a long day )

Have found Albert Bolton birthplace Leighton Buzzard, Beds, enlisted Leighton Buzzard. Worcester Regiment 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Battalion died of wounds 14 September 1914. Theatre of war France and Flanders. Service number 7729. Is he the same Albert?

On the 1881 Census, the nearest to Alberts birth year, the family are living in Littleworth Hamlet of Wing, Rural Sanitary District, Leighton Buzzard Union. Maybe that was the Registration area for these little villages and hamlets.

Lynne, that would fit with the info on FreeBMD..

"BoltonAlbertLeighton B.3b403
The district Leighton B. is an alternative name for Leighton Buzzard and it spans the boundaries of the counties of Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire; information about it can be found here......"

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/leighton%20buzzard.html shows the list of places in the LB Registration District.
Wing was placed under Aylesbury RG in 1935

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback regarding my posting. I think Lindyloo has come up with the solution to the reference Buckinghamshire (Wing) on 1911 census and that it is the Albert Bolton I was searching for.
Just checked the birth place for Mildred Roberts on FreeBMD and it is Newtown, Montgomeryshire so I think this would confirm the above.

Bewdley,
7729 Pte. Albert Bolton 2nd Worcesters is indeed the same Albert Bolton.

Again thank you one and all for your help.

Regards

Peter

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback regarding my posting. I think Lindyloo has come up with the solution to the reference Buckinghamshire (Wing) on 1911 census and that it is the Albert Bolton I was searching for.
Just checked the birth place for Mildred Roberts on FreeBMD and it is Newtown, Montgomeryshire so I think this would confirm the above.

Bewdley,
7729 Pte. Albert Bolton 2nd Worcesters is indeed the same Albert Bolton.

Again thank you one and all for your help.

Regards

Peter
Hi...does anyone have any info on Albert Boltons siblings please. I am a descendant of his youngest sibling Bertie. Many thanks

Albert Bolton's mmn was Walter and he was registered in Leighton Buzzard district.

Other Bolton/Walter children listed were John 1875, Robert Thomas 1878, Arthur Lionel 1887 & Berty Cyril 1890.

There is also George 1870, George 1872 and Alice 1872 registered St Pancras and the parents (Henry and Elizabeth) do appear to be living in Kentish Town in 1871 so possibly theirs.

Many thanks MWS. My father said he was told there were 13 children. Really enjoying delving into it. Any info please on Henry Page and Mary Mead? Berty Bolton married Ada Page and Robert Bolton married Amy Page. Many thanks.

Henry Page b 1857 Wing Bucks married Mary Mead in 1878.
Mary Mead b 1856 Stewkely had a son Harry Mead on 6th dec 1877 and he was baptised on
6th January 1878, she and Henry had another son in 1880 Joseph born in Wing and they are living in Vicarage lane, Wing in 1881.
other children
Emily Elizabeth b1881 m Robert Bolton in1908
Alfred 1885
Frederick 1887
Amy 1888 m Arthur Jennings in 1909
Nelly 1890
Ada 1892 m Bertie C Bolton 1916 (in 1911 Bertie living with Robert , Emily and their daughter Gwendoline age 1 in Vicarage lane )
Alice 1895

Last edited:
Back