• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Blue screen.

When you have a ‘blue screen of death’ it is very important to note the error which will be written as something like-

DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Of course, your message may be completely different, but it will be in capitals and words joined by an underscore.

Further down there will be an error code, in the following format

STOP: OxOOOOOODl (OXOOOOOOOC,0x00000002,0x00000000,0XF86B5A89)

And below that

gv3.sys - Address F86B5A89 base at F86B50GQ, Datestamp 5dd991eb

Together this information is a clue to the problem.

These messages are not intuitive. For example, the ‘DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL’ message can indeed, be driver related. Often it can be a loose wire. So you see what I mean by non-intuitive.

It is not always necessary to re-install windows and even disk errors can be repaired without the need for a new hard drive.

Personally, I have never had to buy a hard drive because of such failures.

If your issue is unresolved, or if you are here because you have a similar problem, I’ll try to help.

Bear in mind, sometimes the solution takes longer than re-installing Windows! But I get great satisfaction from solving issues rather than ‘giving up’ and re-installing.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what cured it but I don't seem to have the trouble any more.
Many thanks for the help given.

Back