• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bloosmbury st, Fire Station

pinky

master brummie
Hi, Does any one rember the fire station was over the way from the Library Bloosmbury st, Nechells ..

Hello Pinky although we all called the Library Bloomsbury St it was in fact on the corner of Lingard St opposite the Fire Station.Dek

Hello Dek , Thank you for the picture wonderful ... im doing a scrap book for my children were i was brought up in the 1950s Nechells and were about .. i can put the Lingard st .. Roberta :)

Just found this thread.

Remember the fire station well in Lingard St.After collecting coal off the railway line at the back of my Nans in Goodrick St.We were chased off by railway police.
I jumped of the bank but caught my thigh on a long nail.This put a long gash up my Left thigh. I Was rushed round the fire station were they put11 stitches in the leg.they made a really good job of it.This was IN1947.

IN 2015 Ihad to have a Left hip Op And the surgeon asked if I had had it done before.After telling him the story he said the fireman who did the stitching would have made a good Surgeon

Back